~Chapter 40~

"Mack you may love her too but she loves Shane. It hurts but it's true. You don't want to believe it. But you didn't see them together." I said.

"If that were true then why would she want to run from him?" He asked.

"All love has to be tested," I said. He carefully moved without waking up Lola. He stood up and walked over to me.

"Just don't let her get hurt anymore. OK?" He said. I nodded and he placed a kiss to my temple. "If you have sex in my guest bedroom I will shoot your boyfriends dick off." He said walking up the stairs. I giggled. I walked to the kitchen and sat down.

I felt a slight tapping on my shoulder but I waved it off. I then felt myself get lifted up. I opened my eyes and saw a smiling Derek. "Hey, baby." He said. I smiled and hugged him while wrapping my legs around his waist. "I didn't mean to wake you." He said. I shook my head.

"No worries," I said with the biggest smile on my face. He smiled too. He walked us up the stairs. Mack was just coming out of the bathroom. He was wearing a towel.

"Hey man," Mack said. Derek nodded. "Hey, Freya is Lola still passed out downstairs on the couch?" Mack asked. I nodded.

"Right where you left her. Jerk." I mumbled. He glared at me.

"If I was a jerk your boyfriend wouldn't be here." He said. I stood on the ground and crossed my arm.

"I know thanks by the way," I said. He smiled.

"I'm gonna go get Lola." He said. He walked halfway down the stairs.

"Wait," I said. He stopped and turned to me. "Where is she gonna stay?" I asked. He nodded to his room.

"I'll sleep on the couch and she can take my room." He said. I smiled. The crush he held on her was impressive even for him. I turned and walked into the guest room. I call it my room because I stay here instead of home.

"Your brother doesn't like me anymore does he?" Derek asked as I slipped into the sheets.

Mack has always hated the unknown. He counts on what he knows and can see and touch. He will soon realize that life has more to offer." I said. Derek slipped off his jacket then his shirt and the rest until he was to his boxers. He smirked at me. "Don't even think about it. I already had a threat from Mack." I said. He climbs into bed and pulls me under him.

"He always threatens us." He said. I smiled and leaned up kissing him. He captured my lips into his as I went to pull away. "I missed you beautiful." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I was gone for 4 to 5 hours. I'm sure you would have lived." I said. He lays on his back and pulls me on top of him.

"Maybe but risking it would have been a heartbreaking experience." He said. He was acting a little weird.

"You never acted like this before and I was gone for a week. Derek, what's going on?" I asked getting off him.

"Nothing." He said. I looked down to see his phone on the ground. It lit up with a message from Shane.

"You used me? Are you serious?" I asked picking up his phone. I unlocked it with the thumbprint I put in it a while back. I clicked on the message.

Shane:
Hey man, we're are almost there. See you soon.

I throw the phone at the wall and opened the bedroom door for it to be closed shut. Derek stood in my way. I glared at him. "Move," I said. He shook his head.

"Baby, it's not what it sounds like." He said.

"Really Derek? Because it seems like you lied to me while using me. I trusted you." I said. He grabbed my waist and picked me up putting me on the bed holding me down.

"Baby, just listen please." He said. I glared at him.

"Talk," I said.

"We didn't come here for Lola. In fact, she is going to stay unless Shane chances his mind." He said. I give him a confused look.