~Chapter 64~

"Shane you need to eat," Derek said trying to shove a burger in my hand. I shook my head.

"I told you, Derek, I'm not hungry," I said quietly. We're in the ER and Lola is in surgery. We've been here for 5 hours now. My heart breaks every time I close my eyes. All I see is red.

"Shane please eat for me," Freya said. I look at her. I knew she was worried as was I. Normally I would be freaking out but I know it's not gonna help.

"Freya I can't eat," I said. She nods as tears fall from her eyes. Derek sets the food down and kneels in front of her.

"Come here baby," he said. She wraps her arms around him. I sigh. A hand was placed on my shoulder and I turned to him. I stood up.

"Thank you for calling me," Tucker said. I nodded and give him a man hug.

"Of course," I said. He looks at Freya and she jumps up and wraps her arms around him.

"How are you holding up?" he asked.

"What do you think?" she said pulling back from the hug.

"I thought so. I brought you some ice cream," he said. She gives him a sad smile. "She's going to be fine. She's a strong girl," he said. She nodded. He handed her the ice cream and a spoon. She sits down and eats it. I sigh again.

"Shane Grey?" I heard. I looked up to see the doc. She smiles. I stand up and walk to her. "I'm Dr. Lewis," she said. I nod. "Lola was stabbed. The records say she was shot 2-3 weeks ago. But the wound was reopened a week after that." she said.

"Yes," I said.

"The cut was close to her heart but barely missed. She lost a lot of blood. She was kicked in her lower abdomen 4-6 times and that caused the wound to stretch." she said. My heart broke as she continued to explain the pain Lola was going through.

"Ok," I said quietly.

"Lola is going to be fine, Shane. She is going to need a lot of rest. No walking around at all. She can't risk opening the cuts. She will bleed out." she said.

"Got it," I said. She looked down for a second.

"There is one more thing," she said. She looked up at me. "With that many blows to the abdomen, it may cause issues, damage, and other problems to the body that is incurable," she said.

"Doc what are you saying?" I asked.

"Shane, Lola can't have children," she said. I felt my heartbreak. I looked up at her.

"Can I see her?" I asked. She nodded.

"She is resting but I'll let you in. Only one," she said. I nodded. I turned and walked to Freya.

"Is she ok?" she asked.

"She's going to be fine. Nothing a little bit of sleep isn't going cure." I said. She smiled. "But she's never going to be able to have kids," I said. She frowned.

"What?" she asked.

"Ava kicked her 6 times in the abdomen," I said. She grew angry.

"I'm gonna kill her," she growled. I pulled her into my arms.

"You are going to be here first," I said. She nodded. "The doc says one can go and see her. I'll let you go in first " I said. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Thank you. But you should," she said.

"No. You are her best friend and she's gonna want you in there when she wakes up." I said. She smiles. She walks with the doc and I sit down. I looked at Derek.

"The guys found her trying to leave the country," he said getting off the phone.

"Have her locked up. I want Lola to get the first hit." I said. He nodded. Mack and Adam walk up to me. Mack looked pissed.

"She was shot 3 weeks ago?" he asked. I looked at Adam.

"She didn't want to tell you," I said. He rolled his eyes.

"I don't care. She's my sister. We may not be blood but I care for her. I would die for her. Next time something like this happens you tell me first." he said. I nodded. "Now tell me what the doc said," he said.

I told him everything and he looked pissed. "I don't get it. Why would Ava try to kill Lola?" Adam asked?

"I don't know but we're going to find out," I said. He nods. James walks in a minute later. I stand up.

"I thought you agreed not to kill Ava? Why the hell did Kane and Ron just take her away from the airport?" he asked.

"I don't know maybe because your girlfriend tried to kill Lola," I said. He looked surprised.

"What?" he asked.

"Why do you think we're at a hospital, you moron?" Derek asked. James looked at him.

"Is she?" he asked. I nodded.

"She's alive," I said. He let out a breath of air. He looks down for a second and looks back at me.

"What are you going to do with her?" he asked.

"Kill her," Tucker said. He looked at him.

"Good," he said. I was surprised.

"I thought you loved her?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Lola is family. She has been through enough. And Ava knew that. Family comes first. She is and always will be a threat to Lola as long as she's alive. Its gonna hurt but it's worth it." he said. I nodded.

I sighed and sat in my chair. Derek sat next to me. "Kinda stupid don't you think?" he asked. I looked at him.

"Hmm?"

"You and Lola came together because she was supposed to have a baby with you and in the end, you guys can't have one," he said. I nod.

"Just the way life is I guess. Since it worked out for her and me something has to go wrong to balance it out " I said. He sighs. "Karma is a bitch," I mumbled.