~Chapter 50~

I sighed as he held her. He looked at me and nodded. I nodded and went to walk out but got pulled into someone's arms. He hugged me tightly. "Don't scare me like that again," Tucker said. I hugged him like it was everything.

"I won't," I said.

"Promise me." He said holding my face in his hands.

"I promise," I said. He smiled and kissed my cheek. Just when I thought I was out of the clear of hugs all of Shane's men hugged me one by one. I smiled.

"You gave us all a fright," DJ said. They all nodded.

"Alright, guys give her some space. She has to heal still." I heard Shane say. They all backed up two steps. He rolled his eyes and walked up to me. "Hey, baby." He said. I smiled at him. "Now that you got Freya to move around can I walk to you the room so you can get some rest?" He asked. I nodded.

"They are the cutest couple," DJ said. I heard a scuff. I turn to see Kane. I smiled.

"I think she would be better with a real man." He said. I rolled my eyes.
"You're just jealous," I said. He nodded.

"I am." He said walking up to me. He gave me a small hug and took a step back. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Well, my stomach has a bunch of pain. But so far I think I'll be fine." I said. He nods.

"If you need anything just ask-."
"Me. Just ask me." Shane said. I rolled my eyes.

"You two are going to have to get along for both your sakes," I said. DJ nodded and walked away.

"I don't like him," Shane said. I slapped his chest. He chuckled and grabbed my waist. "Time to get you to bed. The rest of you get back to work." He said. I watched everyone leave. We make it to the bedroom and he lays me on the bed. He leans over me and smiles.

"You know I trust you right?" I said. He gives me a confused look. "I called you a liar before leaving. You know I didn't mean that right?"

"Of course I know you didn't. Baby I know you got mad because of everything that has happened. I'm just happy you're ok." He said. I nodded.

"Any idea how long it's going to take for this to heal?" I asked lifting up my shirt so the stitches were showing. He looked down at it.

"Adam said you should be able to walk next week but it won't be completely healed for another 3 weeks." He said. He sighed. "I still can't believe your mom shot you." He said. I closed my eyes seeing the bullet leave her gun and go into my stomach.

"I'm just surprised she didn't do it sooner," I said. I opened my eyes and looked out the windows. "Have you talked to Mack yet?" I asked.

"Who's that?" Shane asked.

"Freya's brother," I said.

"I didn't think I had too." He said. I turned his way and grabbed his phone. I dialed Mack's number and looked back outside.

"Hello?" I heard Mack say.

"It's Lola," I said. I heard him sigh.

"Jesus Lola. It's been a fucking week since I heard anything from you guys. Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, we are. Can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"What's up?" He said.

"Can you take Freya up there with you for a few days? She hasn't been herself and after all that happened I think she and I just need an escape." I said.

"Lola, you are aware how bad that failed last time right?" He asked.

"Yeah, but this time it's different," I said.

"How so?" He asked.
"Derek goes with and Freya isn't allowed a phone," I said.

"What if something happens?" He asked.

"Keep this number. It's my boyfriend's number. He always picks it up." I said.

"When do you want me to get them?" He asked.

"Tonight," I said.