~Chapter 92~

I finish washing my face after throwing up and walk out of the bathroom. I walk down the hall and stop at the art room. The door was closed. I look through the window to see it was exactly how I left it. I take a deep breath. "It's not locked if you wanted to go in," I hear. I look behind me to Shane. He looks away from the door to me. I take a breath of air. 

"I probably shouldn't invade your mother's space." He lets out a dry laugh. 

"My mother has been out of town visiting my aunt for the month. She has no idea we broke up let alone that the art room has been empty for that long." I give him a confused look. 

"She doesn't know?" He shakes his head. 

"I couldn't bring myself to tell her over the phone. She adores you like everyone here." I look at the door and open it. I walk around the big island counter with a built-in sink. My paintings were piled against the wall in different areas to sort them. I walk up to the corner of the room to the paintings of Shane and I. I start flipping through them and stop at one of us kissing in the pool. I take a deep breath and stand up straight. "You can take them with you if you'd like?" I shake my head and turn to him. 

"You can keep them. I'm only living in Mack's house until I can find one for myself. I don't have room for over 50 paintings. You can throw them out if you would like." He takes a step towards me with an irritated look. 

"I'm not throwing out your artwork. You've worked so hard on them. It's cruel to you and the paintings." I open my mouth to reply when I hear a squeal. I look behind him to see Rose walking in. She smiles at me. 

"How is my daughter-in-law?" I let out a nervous laugh as Shane turns around. She wraps her arms around me. 

"Rosa, it's been a while," She pulls back and giggles. 

"Oh, I know dear. When I was getting ready to leave you and Shane were fighting pretty bad. I'm hoping you guys worked it out?" She asked. I look at Shane as he looks at his mom. She looks at him. "Oh hi honey, I missed you too." He snorts. 

"Really? Cause it seemed like you missed Lola more." She giggles as she pulls back. 

"Don't be jealous, Shane. You know I love you," He nods. 

"I love you too, Mom," He turns to me. "Well, I guess it's time to see if your friend has been telling you the truth." I give him a confused look. He turns back to her. "Mom, there is a guy here who would like to see you again," She gives him a confused look. 

"Who is it dear?" He holds out his hand and I walk out the door to the gym. Lee was leaned over the table that is now covered in paperwork and pictures as he goes over the plans with Derek and Duke. Duke looks up to see me catching Lee and Derek's attention. I give him a small smile and walk up to Lee. I grab his hand and pull him to the side. He gives me a concerned look. 

"Is this the part where you tell me, you are getting back with Shane? Because I kind of figured that out." I let out a dry laugh and shake my head. 

"No, um Rosa just got back and I thought that maybe you wanted to see her again?" He smiles. 

"I would but would Shane and James be out with that?" I look behind him to see Shane at the door with Rosa. She was looking at Shane confused. I look back at Lee. "It was actually Shane's idea." He gulps as he turns around to see her. He lets out a breath of air. "Don't leave my side okay?" 

"I won't," I say. He looks at me with a warm smile. I start walking and he does too. We get to the door just as Rosa was about to say something. 

"Mom," Shane said. Rosa looks at him before looking at me. Her eyes went to Lee and she gasps. 

"Lee?" Lee tightened his grip and I did it back to let him know I was still here. 

"Mom?" She smiled big and wraps her arms around him. I let go of Lee's hand as he hugs her back. 

"Be careful she's fragile," Shane said. Lee looks at him and mouths 'Thank you'. Shane nods. I look at Shane and he looks at me with a smile. Rosa pulls back to hold his face with her hands. 

"I haven't seen you since you were twelve." Lee nods. 

"When my father took me away," She nods with tears in her eyes. I smile. 

"I am going to give you guys some space," I said. Lee looks at me with a smile before nodding. Rosa started to ask questions as I walk away. I walk down the hall with a smile before I knew it tears were streaming down my cheek. I slide down a door and curl up into a ball and cry. 

"Lola?" I hear. I didn't care who it was. "Hey talk to me," Their voice went softer. I shake my head. 

"My mom is dead after trying to kill me and now my father wants to kill me and keep my baby. I have nowhere to go. I'm lost and I'm about to lose my best friend. I can't do this anymore." I cried. Hands went on my cheeks and then my eyes to wipe the tears. I look at them as their hands left my sink. Shane gives me a sad look. 

"You will always have somewhere to go whether we are together or not. You are family. You will always have me. As for your father? He will not get our baby. With the way Lee feels about you, I know you will be protected outside of these walls. You are surrounded but people who care about you." I swallow harshly. 

"I'm so sorry. I never would have kissed him if I knew who he was. I wouldn't hurt you like that." He shakes his head. 

"If Lee is who you want to be with then don't let me stand in your way. As long as you are happy then I can live with it. He is good to you. That's all I want for you." I look away from him. 

"You don't need to give me permission to be with your brother because it didn't mean anything. I won't put you through that kind of pain." I mumble. He sighs. 

"Lola," I look at him. 

"Don't treat Skye like she's only here for one thing. If that were the case she wouldn't be here or know as much as she does. She is here for you because she cares. Don't compare her to me." He swallows harshly. 

"I don't want her. I want you." I smile. 

"If that were true she wouldn't still be here." I get up and walk around him. I walk outside and lean on my car. I let out a few deep breaths. 

"Being pregnant makes your mood swings go crazy huh?" I let out a dry laugh as I nod. 

"Yeah, it's hard to keep up," I said looking at the person. I take a step back as my heart thumps. Mike hums as he untucks his hands from his pockets. 

"Judging by that reaction I'm going to say Lee finally spilled the beans." I glare at him. 

"Stay away from me." He hums. 

"You or Freya?" I give him a confused look. 

"What?" He shrugs. 

"You choose. Either you or Freya?" I scuff. 

"You can't be serious." He nods. 

"Would you sacrifice for your best friend?" I look down and let out a sigh. 

"Fine," I walk up to my car and write a letter on the roof without him noticing and put my phone and purse in the car. I get out of the car and walk up to him. "Where to dad?"