~Chapter 49~

I walked up the steps with Shanes help and walked to my room. Derek was outside the door with his knees to his chest on the floor. He heard footsteps and looked up. He saw me and jumped up walking over to me. “Hey, princess.” He said carefully wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back.

“Hey.” I said. He pulled back from the hug and smiled. You can tell he hasn’t slept in days. His face was pale and he looked tire. “How is she?” I asked. He looked about ready to break down and cry. I placed my hand on his shoulder. “I’m going to try something.” I said. He looked at me with hope. I walked into Shane’s room with his help. I turned to him. “I got it from here.”

“Are you sure baby?” He asked. I nodded. He stood right there as I walked through the bathroom to my bed room. I heard mumbling.

“You can’t have him.” I heard Freya say. I walked over to her. She scrawled more to the wall scared of the demon I might be. I was about to bend down to touch her but a jolt of pain shot to my stomach and I almost fell but someone caught me. I looked over to see Freya with a worried look. “Lola?” She asked. I gave her a small smiled. I could tell she was struggling to hold me up.

“Shane!” I yelled weakly. He came running in and grabbed my body from her.

“Are you alright?” He asked. I nodded. Freya stared at me. She was about to hug me but backed up.

“This is a dream. It has to be.” She said. I was about to adjust but pain was unbearable. I whimpered.

“Baby?” Shane said. I shook my head.

“I can do this.” I said. He picked me up like a bride.

“You need to rest.” He said. I glared at him.

“She needs me Shane. She is traumatized. She killed people. OK you have to understand.” I said.

“It’s not about the people I killed. My best friend may not survive.” She said bringing her hands to her head. Tears formed in my eyes. “I can’t live without her.” She cried.

“Put me down.” I said. Shane set me down carefully but stayed close. I sat down where she was just a second ago. She fell to the ground and curled up next to me hugging me.

“I need you.” She cried. I could tell she didn’t believe this was real. I just stayed here.

Hours passed and we were still like this. She would cry more and sniffle. I would just hug her. She ended up looking at me. “What’s wrong with you?” She asked. I lifted up my shirt a little.

“I took a bullet for my family.” I said. She giggled.

“Why haven’t you disappeared yet?” She asked. I tucked her hair behind her ear.

“Because my little sunshine I’m not leaving you anytime soon.” I said. She smiled.

“Is this real?” She asked. I pinched her. “Ouch.” She histed.

“Did I disappear yet?” I asked. She smiled and shook her head. “Hmm I guess that means this is real.” I said. She hugged me tight. It hurt my stomach but I didn’t dare complain.

“You’re ok?” She said.

“Thanks to you.” I said. She sighed.

“This world sucks.” She said. I giggled.

“If it didn’t then we would definitely be dreaming.” I said. She nodded. “Can you help me get up?” I asked. She nodded and stood up. I took her hand and she walked me into Derek’s room like I asked. He just sat on his bed like he wasn’t there. “Maybe you should talk to him.” I said. He shook his head.

“I don’t feel like talking.” He said.

“Ouch. Lose those feelings for me already?” Freya said. He looked at her and jumped up rushing to her side and kissed her like he needed it to survive. She giggled.

“I could never stop loving you.” He breathed against her lips.

“That’s a good thing.” She said.