~Chapter 53~

“Lola? What are my rules?” Shane said coming up to my side. I looked at him.

“I was just catching up,” I said. James nodded.

“Why is she still here? Isn’t Marco gone?” Ava asked. Shane looked at her.

“She is no concern to you. Your only concern should be how you are going earn my trust if you plan on staying around.” Shane said. She rolled her eyes.

“I’m done working for you.” She said. Shane nodded.

“Fine. You have until midnight to flee town because if my men find you I will have them kill you.” Shane said. James glared at him. I looked at him.

“He’s kidding,” I said. He looked at me.

“Baby, my rules are simple. She knows them and she signed a contract.” He said.

“Shane when was the last time I followed your rules? She was just protecting her feature. You can’t possibly try and take that from her too. You would just be as bad them. I may not like her being here as much as you do. But she needs as much protection as I do. If you take that from her you take that from me.” I said. He sighed.

“Wow. You stood up for me?” She said. I looked at her.

“I didn’t do it for you,” I said giving James a smile. He nodded.

“Baby,” Shane said. I looked at him. “You tell me what you want me to do.” He said. I took a breath.

“Ava you stay for a week and then decide whether you want to keep working for him. You owe him that much.” I said. I turned around and walked out. I walked to my room and sat on the bed. Something jumps on me and I scream.

“I so got you,” Freya said while rolling off the bed. I smiled and tackled her. She screamed this time. I giggled

“I missed you,” I said. She smiled.

“I missed you too.” She said. We hugged each other tightly.

“Where’s my love?” Derek asked walking out of the bathroom. I looked at him and tackled him. He fell backward on the bed and I kissed his cheek.

“I missed you too,” I said. He pushed me off. I stood up to fast and got light headed. He holds me up.

“You ok?” He asked. I nodded.

“Just got light headed that's all,” I said. He sat me on the bed.

“Hey, Lola we have to talk about what just-.” Shane started as he walked into the room. We all look at him. He smiles and brings Freya in a bone-crushing hug. Derek walks over and he gives him a man hug. “I missed your annoying asses.” He said. Derek scuffed.

“We missed you too,” Freya said. Shane looks at me.

“Baby, I know you hate her so why did you tell her to stay here for another week?” He asked walking over to me. I looked at him.

“James is in love with her. I don’t know just telling her to leave felt wrong.” I said. He lifted up my head and smiled.

“I love how big your heart is.” He said. I smile.

“Who are we talking about?” Freya asked.

“Ava,” Shane said. Derek scuffed.

“I don’t see why you don’t just her killed. She betrayed us.” Derek said. Freya and I glared at him. “It’s kinda the rules.” He said. Shane chuckled.

“Try explaining that to them,” Shane said. I rolled my eyes and pulled his arm so he fell on the bed. Derek sat on the chair and pulled Freya on his lap. I leaned on Shane. He kissed my cheek.

“Have you decided what you are going to do now?” Freya asked me. I looked at my hand. I traced the scar with my pointer finger.

“Tucker said he had an extra bedroom with my name on it if I choose to stay in this town,” I said. I felt Shane tense up.

“But I thought you and Shane were going well?” Derek said. I looked at him then back down.

“But after everything that has happened asking her to stay is too much,” Shane said. I took a deep breath.