~Chapter 56~

“Gladly,” I said punching another punching bag. I ended up punching the wall a few times. I got pulled back once again and I didn’t bother to restrain myself. I swung at him and punched him a few times. He ended up getting me in a headlock.

“Shane chill.” He yelled. I stopped moving and he let go. I leaned against the wall while sitting on the floor. “Tell me what’s wrong.” He said. I looked up at the ceiling.

“Lola told me she loves me,” I said.

“I thought that shit is good news?” He asked.

“Yeah, except I acted like she was crazy and told her I probably didn’t love her,” I said.

“Well, how do you feel?” He asked. I looked at him.

“This isn’t about to be some sloppy girl talk is it?” I asked he smiled.

“Just trying to help.” He said. I looked at my bloody knuckles.

“I love her smile. The way she laughs. The feeling of being able to hold her whenever I want. But loving someone weakness.”  I said.

“And not loving someone is torture.” He said. I looked at him. “Shane she’s already your weakness. But she’s also a source of strength. You’ve loved this girl since the day you meet her. This is your chance to finally get a break and get what you want.” He said. I thought for a second. I stood up. I walked down to my room and she wasn’t in here. I tried her room but it was empty. No clothes. No shoes. No Lola. Derek grabbed my hand before I punched the wall. “Freya said she left about 20 minutes ago. If we leave now we can still catch her.” He said. I shook my head.

“She’s gone and that’s that,” I said. I grabbed my keys.

“OK, so where are you going?” he asked.

“To talk to someone,” I said walking out the door. I got into my car and drove off.

“Shane? I haven’t seen you about two months.” Mrs. Helen said as she opened the door. I smiled.

“I’ve had family issues to deal with,” I said. She nodded.

“When your friend showed up I was certain you were with her.” She said. I was confused.

“Which friend?” I asked.

“Lola.” She said.

“How long ago did she get here?” I asked.

“About 5 minutes ago. Those two are in there talking up a storm. Lola even got Rosa to start painting again.” She said.

“Can I come in?” I asked. She moved out of the way. I walked in the art room to see Lola and mom in front of a canvas painting. What surprised me more was that Lola was painting again. I leaned on the wall watching them.

“Dear, you never told me where my son is?” Mom said. Lola stopped painting.

“He is at the house.” She said. Mom looked at her.

“Did you too get into a fight?” Mom asked.

“It’s obvious huh?” Lola asked.

“Oh, sweetheart Shane is just a little scared. His first love ended horribly. Ever since then he hasn’t learned to let anyone else in.” Mom said. Lola faked smiled.

“He doesn’t love me. I was a fool to think anyone would.” She said. I got up without any of the hearing. I walked over to Lola and picked her up. She looked at me with a surprise. “Shane? Why are you here?” She asked.

“Well, it is where my mom is,” I said. She frowned. She looked at my hands on her waist and tried to move.

“Shane let go of me.” She snapped. I held her tighter.

“The tighter you hold the stronger the pull, a lost one is a loved one.” Mom said. Lola looked at her.

“Lola I didn’t mean what I said,” I said. She turns to me. Her eyes filled with hurt.

“You mean telling me you don’t know if you could love me?” She asked.