~Chapter 73~

The room was quiet for a while as I stared at the floor with my knees to my chest. Mike hunched over with his hands together as he too stared at the floor. Adam stood leaning on the wall with his eyes on Mike as he glared at him. I had questions that I wanted answers for but I was scared to ask. I'm sure Adam had questions as well but no one spoke up. "I heard about what happened with your mother," Mike spoke. I glance at him to see him still staring at the ground. I look at Adam causing him to look at me. "How she betrayed you." 

"She wasn't the same after you left. She wasn't a mother after you left. She lost her only reason to live and I lost my father." I spoke quietly. 

"I was raised by a man that used me as a weapon. I didn't have a chance to protect Lola." Adam said through clenched teeth. 

"I know. I did wrong by both of you. I don't know what I was thinking." 

"What made you give me up? Was I not the kid you wanted? Did I break something that was important to you?" Mike looked at Adam. 

"It wasn't you at all. I made that mistake not thinking about you. I was desperate because I owed some people a lot of money. Marco offered to give him the money for a price. He said that I had to give him the firstborn of my kids and one from you two. I was on a bunch of drugs at the time that it seemed so meanless. That I wasn't missing anything." I stood up and crossed my arms. 

"That wasn't a choice for you to make. I wouldn't be here if you hadn't made that deal. I wouldn't be traumatized. I would still be able to have kids. You made that decision  and ruined a lot of things for me." He nods. 

"I know." I look down. 

"I wouldn't change anything that happened to me because I found my brother. I got to find the love of my life and learn what it means to do anything for them. But that doesn't make any of it right. I had to provide for myself because you were gone. I didn't get to grow up with my brother because of you." He stands up. 

"I'm sorry, Lola. I would change things if I could but I can't. Just tell me what I need to do to make things right." Tears formed in my eyes. 

"Disappear." I breathed. His face dropped and the hope in his eyes was replaced with sadness. 

"Is that what you want?" He asked as he turned to Adam. Adam took a deep breath. 

"No." I look at him. He looks at me and back at him. "I didn't have any family growing up. I was all alone. I can't remember how many times I cried myself to sleep just wishing that I could see you or Lola again. I told myself if I ever got the chance to have you apart of my life I wasn't going to waste a second. So no. I don't want to lose you twice." I look down. Here I was throwing a fit about him leaving me alone with a woman who lost herself when he hadn't gotten the chance to grow up with anyone he knew. It was hard to see Mike but Adam thought it was amazing. He wanted his father back. Who was I to be mad?

"Lola?" Mike said quietly. I looked at him and looked at Adam who looked worried. I looked down. 

"I was almost killed by a woman who wanted revenge because of you. And instead of letting Shane kill her, I spared her life because I wanted to give her another chance. If I can give her one I can give you one." I looked up to see him with a small smile of joy. "I can't promise you that I will be able to forgive you or trust you but I'm willing to try." 

"Thank you." I look at Adam and he walks up to me. He wraps his arms around me and takes a deep breath. 

"Thank you, princess." I hug him back and nod. 

"I would do anything for you." He places a kiss to my forehead and pulls away. "But he can't stay here." He nods. 

"He can come to my place." I nod. Mike tucked his hands in his jeans and I turn to the doorway. I take a deep breath and glance back at him. 

"I'm glad you aren't dead." I breathed. He gives me a bigger smile. 

"I'm glad you found a reason to live after everything." I turn and walk out of the room and down the hall. I get to my room and sit on my bed. I lean on the wall and close my eyes. 

"Mom, what was dad's favorite color?" I asked as I started to color in my jumbo Lion King coloring book while mom sat on the couch after injecting some liquid in her arm. She gave a small smile as she took a deep breath. 

"Neon green." I stop and look at her. 

"Why green?" 

"He said it was because my eyes would shine neon green in the moonlight." She spoke as if she could hear him repeat the words. I let out a small smile. She let out a giggle. "Mike would say that he hoped one day that our baby girl would have the same eyes like me." She opened her eyes and looked at me. "And you did. I'll never forget the smile on his face when he found out." 

I take a deep breath as tears slid down my face. I opened my eyes and stared out the window. A hand comes up and wipes my tears. "Are you okay?" I turn to look at him. I began to nod only to end up crying more. He pulls me to his chest and I cry in his chest.