~Chapter 48~

Lola’s P.O.V

I open my eyes and all I see is darkness. A laughing all around me but I see no one. A hand touches mine and I looked down. A little boy was holding my hand. “Mommy, we have to go. He’s going to kill us.” He said. But it seemed faded.

“Mommy?” I said. He looked behind us and his eyes grew wide. I turned to see a guy with a demonic face.

“Mommy don’t let him take me!” The little boy yelled. I tightened our hands and looked down at him but he was gone. “Mommy!” I heard. I looked up and the demon had him in his arms. “Help me!” He screamed. Tears faded my vision as I ran after them trying to get the little boy back but they were gone.

“He’s mine now. You gave him to me.” I remembered his face.

“Marco?” I said. He shows up as the demon and chuckles. He had Shane by the throat and the little boy by his side smiling.

“See your daddy here wanted to try and cross me. So let me show you what we do to traders.” Marco said. The little boy looked up and watched him with a smile. Marco pulls out a knife.

“NO!”  I yelled. But it was too late. Shane’s lifeless body was thrown to me. I hit my knees.

I opened my eye gasping for air. Shane was standing over me with a worried look. I reached for him and pulled him in for a kiss. “I’m sorry.” I cried. He kissed me again.

“Shhh, baby you have nothing to be sorry for.” He said. I hugged him as his life depended on it. “Baby what’s wrong?” He asked.

“I just watched you die.” I cried. He held me tighter.

“It wasn’t a real baby.” He said. I let his scent in fade my senses.

“But it felt so real.” I cried harder. He kissed my cheek and pulled back a little.

“You were out for a week.” He said. I blanked. “I thought you weren’t going to wake up.” He said. I frowned.

“How is everyone?” I asked. He smiled.

“Everyone is fine.” He said. I looked past him to see Adam. He was staring at me with regret.

“What are you going to do with him?” I asked. Shane sighs.

“That’s your call. But normally we killed traders.” He said. I looked down. “But I wasn’t going to kill him because of you.” He said.

“He protected Freya that I can’t ignore,” I said. He nods. “Probation.” He looks at me with a confused look. “Band him from the action and keep your plans to yourself,” I said. He nods.

“Fine. Probation it is. Adam.” He said. Adam walked up to us.

“How are you?” He asked. I took a deep breath.

“I feel fine. A bit shook but I’m good.” I said. He nods.

“I’m sorry Lola. I didn’t know of anything else. Marco raised me to think what he says goes. I didn’t think to question it until I met you.” He said. I nodded.

“I know and I don’t blame you,” I said. He smiled.

“I guess you want nothing to do with me now huh?” He asked. I shook my head.

“I do. Your my brother and nothing changes that.” I said.

“But we are putting you on probation. You are not allowed in the trainer’s gym. You are not to know of our on-field plans. You are to do as I say and have someone with you at all times just to be sure you're not betraying me.” Shane said.

“Yeah, I completely understand,” Adam said. I went to get up but my stomach hurt like hell I ended up falling into Shane’s arm.

“Whoa, baby,” Shane said. I lifted up my shirt a little bit to see stitches. I began breathing heavily.

“He’s gone,” I said remembering I killed him. Shane kissed my head.

“Yeah, he is baby.” He said. I stood up carefully and began to walk. It hurt to walk. Adam stood in front of me.

“You shouldn’t be walking, Lola. You could rip the stitches.” He said.

“I need to go see Freya,” I said. He looked at Shane. I looked back at Shane. “What?” I asked.

“Lola, Freya kinda closed up. She’s been in your room for a week. She hasn’t come out or eaten anything. She just sits in a corner mumbling.” Shane said. My heart ached for my best friend.

“This is all my fault. I should have never brought her into this.” I said. Shane walked in front of me.

“It’s not your fault. She chooses to be here.” He said