· FILLER ·

Enjoy! xx

Kind of a shitty chapter, but I needed this as filler.

***

Alyssa's POV

***

The sun shines through the glass doors as I work through my chores for the day. I already cleaned the bathroom and folded the laundry. All I have left to do is vacuum the living room and wash the dishes.

My stomach has been bothering me quite a bit these past few days, but today it's been more bearable. I had to sit down three times while cleaning the bathroom, but I think that's an improvement. Especially since last week when I could barely stand up without getting nausea.

I plug in the vacuum cleaner and turn it on. The whirring sound goes on for a few minutes as I pick up random crumbs and pieces of dirt off the carpet. When I finish in the living room, I do the kitchen and then put the vacuum cleaner away.

"Did you do the bathroom yet?" Ethan asks, walking into the living room with a smile on his face.

I roll my eyes at the wall and sigh. Ethan trying to makeup is just weird and so awkward. I've made it clear that I don't want to talk to him, yet he keeps pushing me with kindness and everything. I appreciate that he's sorry for making me feel like shit, but I also would value some time for myself to think and be my own person.

"Yes," I reply, maintaining a civil and respectful tone. "It's done"

"Are you okay to do the dishes? If you're in pain, I can do them-"

"I'll be fine," I say, closing the closet where the vacuum is kept. "I think I can manage. If I need help, I'll let you know"

I walk past him and into the kitchen where a clean dishwasher awaits me. Some of the bigger pans I'll have to do by hand, but the rest of the dirty plates can fit in the dishwasher.

I start by unloading the clean dishwasher and putting everything in its designated place. After that, I put the smaller dirty things in the dishwasher and put it on. I tackle the handwashing parts last.

"Need help?" Ethan asks, entering the kitchen.

"Nope," I reply, forcing a pleasant tone. "I'm fine"

Ethan, despite all my clear hints to get him to fuck off, sits at the kitchen counter and looks at me. He rests his chin on his hand and sighs.

"Why are you being mean to me, Aly?"

I continue scrubbing at the dishes and ignore him. I don't want to talk to Ethan and I don't know why he can't get that.

Ethan sighs and stays there, now on his phone. I place a few clean pans on the draining board and start on the last two pans.

"Did you do the laundry?" Ethan asks, turning his phone off.

"Oh my god, yes," I sigh. "Get off my back alreadý"

Ethan frowns. "I just asked a question. Can you chill?"

"I don't know," I chuckle dryly, lacking humour. "Can't you just let me do my chores without picking an argument?"

"Why won't you talk to me?" Ethan sighs, shaking his head. "I've done everything. I apologized, I tried to talk-"

"Just give me some space," I reply, rinsing a pan.

Grayson enters the kitchen and instantly feels the tension. He tries to defuse the situation but I'm already sick of Ethan's shit today.

"Alyssa, I've given you space already. We're siblings, we should get along better than this"

"Can you just let me finish my chores?" I sigh. "I'm tired and I don't feel like talking to you"

"Listen here, Alyssa," Ethan says firmly. "I don't like your tone"

"I'm sorry," I say sincerely. "I have tried to do this, but I can't anymore"

"Aly-"

"My stomach hurts," I sigh, drying my hands on the cloth next to the sink. "Imma go lay down"

I walk out of the kitchen and upstairs to my room. I shut the door behind me and groan softly, curling up on my bed. My stomach is killing me right now.

A knock on my door almost makes me scream. If this is Ethan, I'm done being little Ms Respectful.

The door opens after a few seconds and Grayson walks in. I breathe in relief and watch as he approaches my bed. He sits down and offers a small smile as he rubs my back.

"Hey, you okay?"

I nod. "Yeah. Sorry for being bratty"

Grayson frowns. "What are you talking about? I'm actually surprised you were that respectful towards Ethan"

"Me too," I chuckle, bringing a hand to my head. "I just don't want to talk to him yet"

"I get that, honey," Grayson sighs, leaning back against the wall. "Ethan really is sorry. He just wants to make sure you're okay"

"I just want space," I say. "Is that too much to ask?"

Grayson shakes his head no and moves his hand to my hair. His fingers run through my hair freely, making me feel sleepier.

"You draw your lines where you want them, okay? Talk to Ethan when you're ready, no pressure"

I shut my eyes and turn on my side. I'm glad that Grayson gets where I'm coming from.

"Are you going to want anything to eat?" Gray asks.

I shake my head no.

"Alright," Gray sighs, placing a gentle kiss to my temple. "Get some rest. I'll come check on you in a bit"

***