Chapter 14

Damon's POV

Everything's black except the light from my joint. My eyes sweep over the dead town and I feel content. I like the dark. I pity kids who are scared of it. I'm not. I mean, darkness has been my best friend for as long as I can remember and frankly when you're someone like me, you can't be scared of the dark when you've been living in it for so long.

I take a long drag and blow the smoke out of my mouth and nose. My eyes narrow on a girl probably about sixteen years old. My heart skips a beat when I see her face. Holy shit she's hot. And fit. My penis thinks so too. She catches my eye and looks scared. I chuckle and take another drag of my joint. I have that effect on people. I mean you see my black hoodie, my joints and my eyes. My mom always said my eyes would scare people shitless. 

Alyssa's POV

I walk down to the park and find a bench to sit on. The twins let me go for a walk but I have to be home in twenty minutes. They're so overprotective. I take out my phone, but take a look at my surroundings first. I lock eyes with a kid who's maybe about fifteen years old. A joint hangs out of his mouth, his nose releasing some smoke. He looks like a fucking dragon. He chuckles and inhales the contents of his joint, releasing a great deal of smoke now. What sends chills down my spine is his eyes. They cut through the night and find their way to me. They're a deep Lapis lazuli blue and they radiate intensity. From under his hood, black tufts of hair appear and he looks kinda hot. Oh my god, do I like mysterious people now?

I check my phone and decide to go home before the boys call the police for a search party. I put my own hood up and look over my shoulder at him. He waves his fingers at me before jumping over a white brick wall and disappearing. He moves so gracefully, like a fox. 

Home

"Oh good, you didn't call a search party" I comment, shutting the front door behind me. 

Ethan looks at me from the couch and shakes his head, raising an eyebrow. "You're five minutes late. Grayson's on the phone as we speak"

I run into the kitchen and Grayson laughs. "Ethan, stop scaring the poor girl!" 

Ethan laughs and I sigh, taking off my hoodie and tying it around my waist. "Not funny"

Grayson laughs and ruffles my hair. "Nice walk?"

I nod. "Yeah. Nice and quiet"

"Good" he goes back to putting plates away in the cupboard and I feel sleep tugging at my sleeve. 

"Imma go shower and then go to bed I think" I yawn. 

"Alright" he pulls me close and kisses my temple. "Goodnight, sweetheart"

I walk to my room and grab some PJs before showering. I'm so tired that I can barely muster the strength to turn the water off. I dry my hair somewhat with my towel, change, and then fall on my bed, exhausted. 

Morning- 11 am

I wake up feeling refreshed and decide to get ready for the day. Shorts and a sports bra sound good to me. After, I walk to the kitchen to grab myself a bowl of cereal. 

"Morning" Ethan says, filling a cup with coffee.

"Morning" I yawn, pouring some milk and cereal into a bowl. "Where's Grayson?"

"Working out downstairs"

I nod and eat a spoonful of cereal. Grayson's really been going at it in the gym recently. 

Damon's POV

The sound of crying children lifts me out of my sleep coma and I groan. 

"Can't I have one morning of peaceful fucking sleep?" I yell, putting a pillow over my head. 

"Damon, mind your language around the kids!" Alexis, my foster mom, says. "And you should already be up anyway. It's twelve in the afternoon"

"Oh fuck" I mutter, stepping out of bed. 

"Damon!" she sighs. "Language! Jeez!"

"Get out," I say, rolling my eyes. 

She's about to say something when I slam the door in her face. Fucking idiot. I put on my jeans from yesterday along with a dark blue hoodie. I thrust open my desk drawer and grab some ziplock bags with weed, stuffing them into my jeans pocket. I'm already an hour behind schedule and I have a lot of hash to sell today. 

I jog downstairs and open the front door when Alexis stops me. 

"Damon, you're staying here today. I need help with the kids!"

I chuckle and look at her with my most intense look. She clears her throat and I can tell she's feeling uncomfortable. 

"I've got shit to do, woman" I growl. 

She walks away shaking her head. I chuckle and am about to step out the door when I feel a small hand tug on my sweater. I look down and see Darcy, my sister. She looks up at me with her pale blue eyes and whimpers. I can't help smiling as I pick her up. She's two years old and so cute. 

"Hey, Darcy" I smile, booping her nose. 

She giggles and puts her small hands on my face, looking into my eyes. I think she's the only person I've met that isn't scared of my eyes. 

"I gotta go now, Darce" I sigh, putting her down. 

She hugs my leg and looks up at me, pouting. "I wanna pway"

I kneel down and give her a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Darcy, I promise I'll be home for dinner okay? We can play later and it can be whatever you want"

She smiles and nods. 

"Good. Now go play with the others, kiddo"

She runs off and I quickly slip out the front door. I walk down to the park where I usually meet my clients. When I get there, I find a bench and wait for them. Across the park, I see the girl from last night entering the store with an older guy. Must be her dad. 

ping

Srry dude, not gonna make it- Daniel

I sigh and pocket my phone. I guess I'll go home earlier than expected. Or...

I walk into the store put my hood up. The cashier looks at me and gives me a strange look, before returning to the people buying food. I smirk and slip into the pasta aisle, hoping to "accidentally" bump into the beauty I saw last night. 

I walk through the first three aisles and see no sign of her. Walking towards the vegetable area, I see the older guy that she was with. He's taller in person and he looks a lil young to be a dad. It could be her brother. I suddenly hide behind a crate of tomatoes as the girl skips towards him, placing a packet of chicken breasts in the cart. An old man eyes me weirdly. I mean you would too if you saw someone spying on someone else and hiding. 

"Can you go get some milk?" the older guy asks the girl. 

She nods and walks towards the milk aisle, me following her. Damn, she has a nice ass. She grabs some milk and turns towards me. Her face changes and she almost drops the milk. I can't help chuckling. 

Alyssa's POV

I grab a bottle of cold milk from the refrigerator aisle and turn around to make my way back to Grayson and the cart when a familiar pair of dark blue eyes meet mine. I go hot all over and I grip the neck of the bottle of milk, almost dropping it. I feel fear lodge itself into the pit of my stomach as his eyes never break away from mine. Fuck. Why he gotta be so intense?

"Hey," he says, putting his hands in his hoodie pockets. 

He's in a hoodie again and looking closer, I notice a scar above his left eyebrow, almost hidden by his jet black hair. 

"H-hey" I mumble, edging past him. 

He turns around and I'm pretty sure he's watching me as I run back to Grayson. 

Thoughts on Damon? I think he's pretty hot and mysterious...Haha lol. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Ly XOXO