Chapter 43

Damon's POV

The sun streaking through the plaid blue curtains draped in front of my windows reminds me that it's a brand new day. Unfortunately, I don't feel the same.

I hesitantly lift myself from my bed and trudge to my closet to get dressed. Once I'm dressed, I grab my pack of smokes on my desk and open my window. Lately, I've been smoking less. Alyssa's been nagging me to stop so I did. It lasted until now.

I flick my lighter and watch lazily as the flames catche with the paper. Smoke fills my lungs and I've never enjoyed the feeling more. I hate the way I feel most of the time. Smoking helps.

"Damon! Breakfast!"

I roll my eyes at Alexis's voice. She sounds happier than usual and I know it's because I've been nice to her for the first time in two years.

I grab my stuff for school and jog downstairs, walking past the kitchen.

"Damon, eat something, honey"

"Nope!" I say, slamming the door behind me.

The wind is cold as I start walking to school. My mind is so fucked up I can't even think straight. I thought pursuing a realtionship with Alyssa would always be clear, but today it's clouded.

Alyssa's POV

My eyes spring open as my alarm goes off and I take a minute to just lay in bed and breathe. I can hear the shower in the hallway turn on and I know that Grayson's awake. I can also smell fresh coffee brewing from downstairs. Overall, I'm feeling okay today. There's no overwhelming feeling that something bad's going to happen and my anxiety seems to be hiding away. Good. I quickly get dressed in black jeans and a black and white striped sweater. I pull on my air force 1s and quickly do my makeup, wanting to get to Damon's early for a little makeout sesh.

I skip downstairs, whistling a tune as I enter the kitchen. Ethan smiles at me and hands me some toast and a fresh cup of coffee.

"Thanks" I smile.

I've decided to just let Ethan's sudden change in mood pass by. Grayson walks into the kitchen, his hair still wet from the shower. He kisses my cheek and grabs himself a cup of coffee.

"You sleep well?" he asks, smiling at me.

I nod and take a bite of toast. Eyeing the clock, I set a mental timer so I can have enough time with Damon and get to school on time.

School

"C' mon. Let's go to the party"

I groan and raise an eyebrow at Damon.

"Seriously? Last time I went to a party I got drunk and in trouble with the twins-"

"Why are you like this?" Damon snaps.

My heart skips a beat a he narrows his eyes at me. What did I do?

"L-like what?" I ask, my fingers playing at the hem of my shirt.

"So worried about your brothers! So what if they get mad at you? Live a little"

I try to swallow the lump in my throat but it won't move. Why does he always have these little anger issue moments all the time?He always snaps for no reason.

"I respect them, Damon"

"Pfft, yeah right" Damon scoffs, grabbing his books and laptop. "You respect them? Then why are you sneaking around them with me, huh?"

He smirks and walks to the desk across the room. I take a deep breath and tell myself to calm down. He has no right to make me feel guilty. I didn't even do anything wrong! I shake my head and bend my head over my work, completing my math sheet.