Chapter 5

I twist my emergency credit card around my hands, my heart beat quickening. Hayden kisses my neck and pleads. I'd hate to be near the twins if they found out I was renting a hotel room to be alone with Hayden. On the other hand, I was sick of having to keep my door open at home and not get to do anything with him. My head says yes, to use the credit card but my heart objects fiercely. It's telling me that they'll be pissed and that my emergency credit card is for emergencies and emergencies only. Isn't this kind of an emergency though? Hayden looks at me with his puppy dog face and I groan but give in. something tells me this isn't gonna go well.

"We'd like to rent a room, please" Hayden says to the receptionist.
She clatters away on her keyboard and finds us a room. As she takes the credit card from my hand I start having second thoughts. Hayden must know I'm nervous because he rubs my back and tells me that everything's gonna be fine. Well I'll be damned if I trust some boy over my own heart. Oh well too late now. She's swiped the card. A new feeling grips at my instincts. A mixture of fear and adrenaline. It feels exciting to do something that I shouldn't. At the same time, I could be in my pyjamas cuddling with the twins and watching a movie. I shrug off the uncomfortable feeling and thank the woman as she gives us our keys. Hayden bounds ahead, excited for this opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with Hayden but I'm scared. I'm scared of disappointing the twins.
Hayden finally finds our room and inserts the key in the lock, hardly cantaining his excitement. We walk in and I take a deep breath. Hayden's the exact opposite. He jumps on the bed and looks at me, expectantly. I smile, trying to mask my fear and join him on the bed. It gets intimate quick. He hovers above me, kissing my jaw while his hand caresses my cheek. I close my eyes and try to enjoy the moment but I'm really not feeling it. I know it's not Hayden. It's the background. Our surroundings don't feel right. Honestly, a bathroom could've been better. Actually, no. scratch that. My room would've been better. I sigh and think about what I've gotten myself into. I had to ask Melody and Kayla if they'd cover for me, saying that I was at their house for a hangout.

An hour and a half later

My phone vibrates on the small coffee table in the middle of the room. Hayden and I are cuddled up, watching something on the TV when I get up to go see who it is. I could have a heart attack right now as I see Ethan's profile flash up on the screen. Oh fuck. I tap onto the green button and press the phone to my ear, hoping my fingers don't break with the amount of strength I'm applying.
"Hey, honey. How's the sleepover?" Ethan asks, cheerily.
I breathe out in relief and start spinning him a great big lie about how the girls and I are watching a movie and doing each other's hair. Basically trying to bore him so I can end the call.
"See that's funny. Grayson checked his tracker and found your location at some local hotel"
My stomach knots up as silence falls over the both of us.
"Who are you with" he suddenly growls.
Fear and anxiety jump around my stomach, making me wanna throw up.
"N-n-nobody?" I stutter, making it sound like a question instead of an answer. I'm fucked.
"Get your ass home right now, because you have lots of explaining to do!"
He hangs up and I just stand there scared out of my mind. Hayden notices my change in mood and frowns.
"What's up?"
I turn towards him and run my hands through my hair. "Ethan. He found out I wasn't at Kayla's and now I'm fucked!"
I look around for my shoes and finally find them. "Look, Hay. I have to go"
He nods and looks worried. He slides off the bed but I'm off quickly.
Tears sting the corners of my eyes as I hurry to put on my shoes and run out the hotel. I didn't even say goodbye to Hayden. I run up the hill and don't stop until I'm inside the front door. I bend over and try to catch my breath. When I look up I see the twins, Emma and Bryant gathered. Some looking worried and some looking mad as fuck. Those two being Ethan and Grayson.
"Thank fuck you're okay!" Emma exclaims, hugging me tightly. "God I thought some man had scooped you up and taken you away!"
Bryant also hugs me. "You can't scare us like that, girlie"
And now for the two angry bulls.
"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?" Ethan explodes, his face full of jumbled emotions.
Grayson shakes his head and sighs. "I can't believe you lied to us"
That hurts. Damn, that hurts. Seeing Grayson's face so disapointed and pale with worry.
"That's it! I want your phone, laptop and headphones on the table right now!" he yells.
I waste no time in running to my room and grabbing my electonics. I allow myself to shed a few tears in the comfort of my bedroom. I don't wanna go outside and see the twins so angry. I quickly run back to the living room, tears still on my cheeks. I place everything on the table and fall onto the couch, crying into my hands. I feel two hands being placed on my shoulders and I recognize Emma's gentle touch.
"I didn't wanna do it!" I sob. "I didn't wanna do it!"
Emma holds me close to her chest and strokes my hair, telling me to breathe. I can't. Not now when my brothers are so disappointed in me. I look up and see that it's just Emma and I. I'm confused.
"They went out back" Emma whispers. "Breathe"
Once I'm somewhat calm, I fall back against the couch and wanna kick myself for being so stupid. Emma sighs and rubs her temple.
"What were you thinking? A hotel room? What for?"
I sniffle and look at her. She looks back at me and slumps, her eyes widening.
"Hayden?"
I nod and she lets out a big breath. I stand up and pace in front of the TV.
"I really truly had second thoughts, Emma. I swear. I knew it was stupid and I should've come clean earlier but Hayden...Hayden was so excited!"
I'm a mess of tears and even I get lost in my explanation and what I'm talking about. The twins and Bryant walk back in looking a little calmer.
"Emma? Bryant? Can we talk to Alyssa alone, please?" Grayson asks, his voice unusually quiet.
They both leave and it's just me and the twins. Ethan sits on the other side of the L couch while Grayson takes to leaning on the wall. There's silence for a bit before Ethan speaks.
"Explain"
I try to compose myself enough to talk but my explanation comes out in a big jumbled sentance. The boys look at each other and sigh.
"What you did was wrong and stupid" Grayson says. "No doubt about that, but I get that you're a teenager. Your life is controlled by hormones and you wanted to be intimate with a boy. What really disappoints me is that you lied" he comes off the wall and walks towards me. "I know you're smart. Really fucking smart. But what you pulled? Oh boy, you're not going to be trusted for a long time, young lady"
I nod and hang my head. I just wanna go to bed.
"We don't want you to see Hayden anymore" Ethan says, folding his arms. "We talked to his sister and she said he's been acting a little off the rails lately. Listen, we raised you better than this and we demand more respect. We were worried out of our god damn minds, Alyssa!"
Everything that comes out of his mouth sounds fuzzy except for the part where he says I can't see Hayden anymore.
"It was one night! You can't make assumptions about people based on what they do for the first time! He's not rebellious, he's smart. He's a straight A student and he's kind. Why can't you just let me have that! He's made me the happiest I've been in weeks!"
"Sit down" Grayson orders quietly. "You are in no position to give us lip when you know you were in the wrong"
"Yeah, do you know how scary it is? Getting an alert from the app on Grayson's phone about you being in a hotel with god knows who doing god knows what!"
"We didn't do anything" I mumble.
Grayson sighs and rubs his forehead. "That's not the point, Alyssa! The point is that you lied, betrayed our trust and now you're going to suffer the consequences!"
"Imagine if Grayson and I said we were at the bank and we'd be back soon. We're gone for the rest of the day and some of the night. How would you feel?"
Damn, he's right.
"Afraid" I admit.
"That's what we're saying, baby" Grayson says, sitting next to me. "We were scared shitless that our little girl was somewhere unsafe and that she could've gotten hurt! What if Hayden didn't turn out to be who he really is?"
"Stop it!" I cry. "Stop painting him out to be a monster!"
Ethan looks out the window and shakes his head, an empty chuckle escaping his lips. "You've gotta be so fucking careful about how you carry yourself around this world. This world is a lot worse than it was fifty years ago. It's more dangerous and you're a gorgeous girl who a disgusting fucked up man would want as his sex toy"
Grayson winces at the end of Ethan's sentence but shakes it off and takes my hand. "That's why when you don't tell us where you are bad things can happen and then nobody can reach you. We love you too much to let you get hurt"
"A lot of perverts would wanna get their hands on you" Ethan says again.
Grayson sighs and pulls me in for a hug. I accept it.
"I love you and I would hate to think-"
"That you were getting raped by a pervert in an alleyway" Ethan spits out.
I start crying as realization hits me. They're right.
"Ethan, enough about perverts man! You're scaring her"
"That's the point" Ethan yells. "She needs to be scared to learn"
Grayson holds me tighter to his side and tells Ethan to go cool off. He looks like he's about to punch a hole through a wall as he storms off to his room, slamming the door.

Grayson's POV

I hold a shaking and crying Alyssa in my arms as Ethan slams his bedroom door. I stroke her hair and try to soothe her, but she won't stop shaking.
"Shh baby you're safe. You're home" I sigh, stroking her cheek with my fingers.
A few minutes later she falls asleep and I carry her to her room. I tuck her in and kiss her cheek goodnight. Thank god she's okay

Ps: I'm running outta ideas! Pls comment! Let me know what you thought about this chapter. Also, should I include Hayden's point if views and explain more about his family? ❤️💋 I'll upload again tomorrow! Thanks for the support, votes and comments because they really do make me smile and they really do motivate me...🙀💋❤️🥰