Chapter 73

Alyssa's POV

"Alyssa!"

I groan and roll over in bed. I open my eyes and see Emma in leggings and a sports bra. She looks at me and smiles.

"Good morning! We're going to soul cycle!"

***
After soul cycle
***

"I never-" I bend over to catch my breath and end up sitting on the floor. I point at Emma. "Wanna do that EVER again!"

Emma laughs and takes a drink of her dancing water.

We walk back to Emma's apartment and decide to chill for the rest of the day. We have lunch, we play with the cats, I help her edit her new videos and soon it's early evening.

"Hey, Aly, why don't you invite that cute Nate guy over?"

I turn around from the couch and stare at Emma who's in the kitchen smiling widely.

"The twins will actually kill me if they find out. Ethan especially!"

Emma rolls her eyes. "Oh cmon! You're two teenagers clearly head over heels for each other! Live a little!"

"Yeah, but Ethan-"

"Stop worrying about him, Alyssa! My god, you do everything he tells you to do. Look, he acted like a jackass! Now it's time for you to show him that he can't control who you can or can't be with!"

"You have a point" I sigh. "I-I just don't wanna make him angrier than he already is"

"Aly, it's been three days. I doubt he's still mad"

I sigh and think about it. What if I did actually invite Nate over?

"You're blushing!" Emma squeals. "Is that a yes? Oh, come on! It'll be so fun!"

"Okay," I laugh. "It's a yes!"

***

An hour later, Emma and I have cleaned every inch of the apartment, set out snacks and ordered in take out. Nate said he'd be here around seven to watch some movies with us.

"I'm going to get changed" I say.

Emma nods and finishes fluffing the couch pillows.

I shower and get ready, only applying a small amount of makeup.

I brush out my wavy hair and get dressed quickly before joining Emma back in the living room

"Wow, you look great!" Emma says, clapping a little. "You've got such a great body. How come you don't wear more stuff like this?"

I roll my eyes and sigh. "The twins, obviously. I swear the only thing I can wear that shows my skin is a bikini. Only exception in the Dolan household"

"Haha, you're a lucky girl having older brothers that protect you. Trust me, you may not appreciate it now but you will when you're older"

"Yeah," I mumble. "If one of them will ever let me back in his house"