Chapter 91

Alyssa's POV

I wake up to the sound of a rooster shooting its vocals off and groan. There are definite positives of living on a farm but this isn't one of them.

I prop myself up on one elbow, using my other hand to rub my face. It feels early but I know that's just the jet lag.

"Morning"

I roll over and see Emma sat at the makeup table that grandma set up for me last year. She eyes me in the mirror, smiling and putting her hair up in a ponytail.

"Morning" I smile back, rolling off the mattress.

I make my way over to Emma and she hands me the mascara she's just used.
I brush it against my eyelashes and grab my eyeliner, drawing wings. I finish by applying lipgloss over nude lipstick and follow Emma downstairs.

***

"Ahhhh!"

I roll my eyes and have to stop myself from lunging out and grabbing a chunk of Amy's long curly extensions as she squeals, clutching onto Grayson's arm.

"My boots!"

My eyes sweep over her brand new white suede boots now encrusted with mud and grass, and I let out a chuckle. What did she expect from a muddy farm? It's been raining all night, for goodness sake!

"Shouldn't have worn them," I say subtly, kicking my own work boots back against the barn door. "This is a farm not a catwalk"

"Alyssa!" Grayson says, his tone warningly low.

"Sorry" I mutter, not feeling very sorry at all.

Emma and Ethan try to lighten the mood by starting a mud fight but Amy has other plans.

"Graysonnnnn" she whines, staring up at him and fluttering her eyelashes. "Can we go upstairs? I'm tired!"

Grayson grins and kisses her. I almost vomit.

"Babe, I got work to do" he says. "Grandma needs a lot of help with the farm"

"She could pay someone" Amy sighs, observing her nails. "She's got enough money"

I let a snort go.

"We don't all come from rich daddies like you. I bet you're the type of girl who got a Mercedes for her sixteenth birthday. Am I right or am I right?"

Her jaw hangs open and a grin spreads across my face. That's how you put a bitch in her place.

"Well!" Grayson says brightly, slinging an arm around Amy's shoulders and hugging her close. "I guess Alyssa could do the chores. It looks like she needs it"

Ouch. Grayson's grin is like a knife if betrayal right in my back. I'll admit, I've been a bitch to Amy all day but she's done it back. He's heard her surely? I'm not the only one in this?

"Won't you, Alyssa?" Grayson says, handing me his rake.

I plaster a smile on my face and grab the rake from his hands, gritting my teeth. Why does this always get turned around and put on me in a negative way? It's not fair.
Karma is taking her sweet ass time coming for Amy.

***

By the time I've raked all the leaves, cleaned out the chicken coops, shoveled all the horse shit out of the stables and fed the ducks, Amy and Grayson are nowhere to be seen. I can't believe they've just dumped their chores on me like it's nothing. I'm tired, cold and upset.
Finally giving up, I feel the tears rush to my eyes and I fall back against the stables, letting them flow. It's not fair.
Grayson's arm around Amy's shoulder and his smirk is what gets me crying harder.

Dolan twins little sisterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें