Chapter 78

Alyssa's POV - 6 pm

My fingers hover over Damon's contact. I've been dying to talk to him and find out why he punched Nate the other night.
I take a deep breath and click the phone icon. I hold the phone up to my ear and wait for a response.
I don't get one.
I sigh and try again, but it goes straight to voicemail.

"You're probably out beating up more people, aren't you?" I mutter, throwing my phone on my bed.

I sigh and rub my face frustratedly. I don't know why I'm so irked but i just want to find out why Nate won't talk to me. Was it just Ethan or was it me? Maybe it was just Damon? Maybe Damon said something to him?

A knock on my bedroom door grabs my attention and my thoughts stop momentarily. My door opens and Emma pokes her head around the door. She's been around here at the house a lot recently.

"Hey, hon, the boys and I are going to order some coffee. You want anything?"

I shake my head no.

"Well...do you want to come downstairs and hang out then? We miss you"

"I just want to be alone," I say, shrugging and picking at my pillow.

She sighs and her hand falls off my door handle. "You've been up here a lot, lately"

"You know me," I say, slapping on a smile. "I like my space"

She smiles back but I can tell it's fake.

"Well, okay then," Emma says, standing in my doorway awkwardly.

I look back at her and cringe on the inside of how awkward this conversation is. she turns to leave but then faces me again. 

"its just....are you sure you're okay?"

I nod. "Emma, I'm fine"ç

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

she sighs, sounding defeated. 

"Well, if you're sure"

My phone suddenly goes off and Siri calls out the contact. Emma's face falls when she hears Damon's name called out. I dive for my phone and mute it quickly. 

"Alyssa, really? Damon? After everything, he's put you through?"

"You can't really judge, Emma" I sigh, feeling fed up with her being here. "can you please go?"

"Alyssa, I just don't want you to get hurt again," Emma says, leaning against my door frame. 

"well, that's not you're place to worry, Emma," I say. "So please, just don't"

She turns around and leaves. I kinda feel bad but don't. I don't know if I hurt her feelings but I also enjoy my private life and space. She was prying and I didn't like it. I have the right to make my own decisions right?

I sigh and unmute my phone, clicking onto Damon's contact to call him back. He picks up quickly and bombards me with questions. 

"Are you okay? What happened? Do you need me to come over?"

I hold back a confused laugh. What is he saying?

"Damon? I'm fine. I just wanted to talk to you"

"Well don't scare me like that!" Damon huffs. "What do you want to talk to me about anyway?" 

I look out my window and see that it's getting a little dark. I could try and catch him before dinner time. 

"Can I meet you in ten minutes?"