• Tears Before Bedtime •

This chapter idea actually happened to me the other day with my brothers. I had the worst panic attack, my boyfriend had broken up with me and the conversations in this chapter were very similar. I live with my four brothers so yeah that was the inspo. Also important because September is Suicide Prevention month and I thought the lesson tied in nicely. 

Enjoy! xxx

***
Alyssa's POV
***

I pull my orange sweater over my white collared shirt and make sure my shoe laces are tied.
After doing my makeup, I jog downstairs and smile when I see Ryan, the twins's friend and camera man filming. I jump in front of it and pull a silly face before Ethan pushes me out of shot.

"Hey!" I pout.

"Get yo ugly ass outta here!" Ethan laughs.

I walk to the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of cereal. As I eat, I hear the doorbell go off and I say I'll get it.

I open the door expecting one of the builders from the house, but instead, Kristina stands in front of me. She looks pretty with curled hair and a light pink sweater on.

"Hey," I smile, letting her in.

Kristina throws her arms around me in a hug and I flinch, stiffening. I don't usually get hugs from strangers. Okay, technically she isn't a stranger, but I'm not fully comfortable with her yet.

"Where's your brother, honey?"

Her Australian accent hits my ears wrong and I point my thumb behind me. She pats my head like a dog and her tall slender figure makes its way past me. I suddenly feel very short and fat.

I grab my bowl of cereal and toss it in the trash. I grab a banana instead and stay quiet. Ethan and Kristina kiss and smile afterwards, hugging. I roll my eyes.
Gross.

"Morning, sweetheart," Grayson says, ruffling my hair and nodding at the banana in my hands. "Is that enough for breakfast? I can make you something"

"I'm good, thanks," I reply. "Oh and-"

He nods and walks towards the camera and the boys. I kinda wish he talked to me a little more but it's no big deal.
Noah's taking me out later and I needed to ask.

***

Later when I'm watching TV, the doorbell goes off again. I huff and move my fatass off the couch to get the door.

"Hiya! You must be Alyssa"

A girl with long black hair and tanned skin stands in front of me. She gorgeous. Really really gorgeous.

"Hey...can I help you?" I ask.

She laughs and touches my shoulder. I back up a little, suddenly afraid. I don't do well around strangers. What is it with girls showing up to the house today?

"Cindy!"

I turn around and see Grayson walking towards me. He's wearing a big grin and when he gets to the door, he and the girl hug!

"Aly, this is Cindy, my friend. Cindy, this is Alyssa, my baby sister"

"Teenage sister," I correct, glaring at him.

"Aww is the toddler mad?" Gray pouts at me, picking me up and turning me upside down. "In fact, I think it's nap time"

"Put me down, loser"

The girl laughs and claps, cooing at Grayson.

"You guys are so cute!"

I roll my eyes and Grayson smiles down at me.