Chapter 76

"Aly,baby, I said I'm sorry!"

"Go away, Ethan" I sigh.

"Please can we talk about this?"

I flip open my history notebook and ignore Ethan's pleas outside my bedroom door. No matter what he says or does he still ran Nate out of here on a night that was supposed to be a time to bond. A night that he suggested. I can't believe he did that.

"Alyssa?"

"Go away!" I groan frustratedly.

My door opens and Grayson sticks his head in.

"It's me"

"Sorry. Come in" I sigh.

He walks in and shuts the door behind him. He sets a glass of water on my desk and kisses my cheek.

"How was school today?"

"It was horrible" I reply. "Nate still won't talk to me"

Gray sighs and sits on my bed. "Still?"

I nod. "Ethan ruined it all!"

Grayson gives me a sympathetic smile and squeezes my hand gently. "Anything I can do?"

"Yeah," I scoff. "Keep him the hell away from me because I don't wanna talk"

He sighs. "Alyssa, Cmon. He's sorry. He really just wants to apologize"

"He can apologize to Nate first" I mutter.

"I understand. What Ethan did was bad and I'm on your side in this" Gray sighs. "Did you find out what happened? You know, his black eye?"

I nod and lean against his chest for support. Gray puts an arm around my waist and hugs me.

"Damon punched him"

Grayson chuckles softly. "I don't blame him. Nate now has you. Sweetheart, Damon's not over you yet"

"I just don't get it!" I sigh. "Damon ended us! He needs to realize that I'm done with him"

Grayson slowly runs his fingers up and down my arm before talking again.

"Aly, look at you! You're gorgeous. Of course Damon still wants you. He's just jealous of Nate, you know, now that you two are together"

I laugh and shake my head no. I can't help a tear dripping down my cheek.

"We're not even together, Grayson. We're just trying us out. I was hoping he'd ask me to be his girlfriend on Friday after dinner but Ethan scared him off and now Nate won't even talk to me!"

Grayson looks surprised and I don't blame him. The amount of times I've mentioned Nate and talked about how great he is, it's easy to assume we're together.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he says softly. "Look, it's his loss, okay?"

Grayson tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and lets his hand run down my back.
I know he's trying to make me feel better but nothing could make this situation better at all.

"I need to go check on dinner but please stop crying. If this Nate guy really likes you then he'll try, okay? No matter how hard it is people who love you will make the time"