Chapter 58

PS: That's the picture of the turkey my mom and I made

***

Alyssa's POV

"Pass me that bowl," Grays says, nodding at me and then at the bowl of stuffing on my right. 

I pass it to him and he opens the turkey. Grabbing a handful of stuffing, he shoves it in the turkey's asshole and stops when Ethan walks in, laughing. 

"Damnnnn, so you like it rough? Good for you, bro"

"Are you twelve?" Grayson fires back. "Really? I would've gotten more done but your lazy ass can't handle this much work, can it?"

Ethan puts his hands up in surrender and chuckles. "I have a tattoo appointment, Gray. I can't miss it. Plus, everything looks great, so relax"

Grayson sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I have so much to do for tonight"

"Gray, let me help!" I sigh, standing up from sitting on the breakfast bar stool.

"No. I don't want you to cut yourself and get hurt"

"I won't get hurt, Gray"

"Trust me, you will," he sighs again. "And I don't think the family wants bloody apple tart or bloody mashed potatoes"

"Well then what am I supposed to do? Let you be stressed and get grey hairs over a freaking turkey?"

Grayson shakes his head and grabs a sharp knife from the drawer under his hip. He suddenly grins and points to the table. Oh no.

"You could set the table for me"

"Oh god, that's so boring! Why can't I help you cook? I'm not that much of a klutz!"

Ethan chuckles and ruffles my hair. "C' mon. Set the table and help Gray. I have to go now"

Ethan places a kiss on the top of my head before leaving out the front door. A minute later, I hear his car crunch away. I sigh and make my way over to the table where I start to set what seems to be twenty places. When I'm done, I rejoin Grayson in the kitchen and am glad to find him calmer. My mouth salivates at the mash potatoes, green beans, roasted carrots, cranberry sauce, roasted potatoes and other veggies littering the top of every burner on the stove. Gray opens the oven and I get a glimpse of the desserts cooking to golden brown perfection. I can't wait for tonight. 

"Aly, what do you want for lunch?"

Grayson looks at me and dries his hands on a tea towel, his black sweater covered in flour and mysterious dark stains. 

"I don't know. I think I'll just wait till tonight"

He shakes his head. "We won't eat till nine-thirty tonight, sweetheart, so you are eating something"

I sigh. "Fine"

Grayson opens the fridge and pulls out a package of bacon. "Bacon sandwiches okay?"

***

I rinse my hair and make sure all the conditioner is out before turning off the water and stepping out onto my bath mat. I blowdry my hair, do my makeup and pick out my outfit. 

When I walk downstairs, I see that grandma and my cousin Kylie are here. 

"Kylieeeee!" 

She laughs and I hug her tightly. I haven't seen her for about a year but when my arms go around her, I instantly feel connected to her again. I also hug grandma and say hi.