Chapter 8

Alyssa's POV

I feel someone shaking me awake. I open one eye and see Grant on top of me, shaking my shoulder. 

"Oh good, you're awake" he grins. 

"Oh good, you're still four!" I sigh, glaring at him. 

He pouts and hits me in the face with a pillow. 

"Stop"

"No"

"Stop"

"No"

"Stop!"

"No!"

He laughs and my bedroom door opens. Grayson walks in, smiling and already dressed for the day. 

"What's going on in here?"

"She won't get up!" Grant says, tickling me. 

"Stop! I wanna sleep!" I laugh, squirming at his fingers touching my tickle spots. 

"What time did you two go to bed last night?" Grayson asks, folding his arms. 

I smile at him. "Does that matter?"

He shakes his head and chuckles. 

"Get up. We have a beautiful day ahead of us"

"UGH! I'm going to kill someone!" I sigh, throwing the covers off of me and standing up. 

"Maybe you shouldn't?" Gray suggests, smirking at me.

"Dibs on bathroom!" Grant suddenly yells, running to my bathroom. 

"Nope. Imma definitely kill someone!" I yell, running after him. 

"Kids" Grayson scoffs, shaking his head. 

Breakfast

"good morning grandma," I say, kissing her cheek. 

She beams and points towards a plate with bacon and sausages. "good morning, sugar muffin. Get yourself some breakfast before Grant eats all of it" 

I laugh and put some bacon on my plate. I sit down across from grandma and start to eat as Ethan and Grayson walk in. 

"Morning, hon," Ethan says, ruffling my hair. 

"Morning" I yawn. 

He laughs and pours himself a cup of coffee. Grant walks in all black jeans, a white shirt and a black leather jacket. 

"Oh good! You're part of the Grease cast" I mutter.

Grant rolls his eyes. "Very funny. It's such a good movie though"

"Yeah, yeah, ok," I say, sipping my coffee. 

"Ignore her," Grayson says, walking into the kitchen. "She's just grumpy because Grant and I woke her up" 

I glare at him and he blows me a kiss. 

"What's everyone doing today?" Ethan asks, looking through his phone. 

I shrug. "Nothing"

"I'm meeting a friend who lives around here," Grant says. 

"Take Alyssa with you," Grandma says. 

"Can't" I say, rinsing my plate and putting it in the dishwasher.

"Why not?" Gray asks, frowning. 

"Because I'm grounded?" I sigh. "You guys grounded me? You don't remember?" 

"You only have two more days of being grounded," Ethan says. "So it doesn't really count. In fact, you're ungrounded" 

Ethan's POV

I look at Alyssa and see a mix of emotion in her. I ungrounded her because I want her to go out. She barely leaves the house anymore and it's strange. She's moping around and she's just not the same. 

Alyssa's POV

"It's okay. I prefer to stay home" I shrug and sit down. 

"You're going. It's healthy for you to go out and breath some fresh air every once and a while" Grayson says, washing out his coffee mug. 

"But I don't wanna go" I mumble, looking down at my feet. 

I'm terrified of running into Hayden somewhere. I wouldn't know how to confront him about what I saw. 

"You're going," Grayson says, raising an eyebrow. 

"No!" I say a bit louder.

The boys look confused at my sudden change in mood and share a look. 

"Well, okay. If you really don't wanna go" Grayson says gently. 

"Excuse me," I say, pushing back my chair.

I stand up and walk upstairs to my room. Why am I letting Hayden control my decisions? I curl up on my bed and close my eyes, an image of him smiling and laughing pops up. I open my eyes and sigh. He's everywhere. You know what? I should go. I'm not going to let Hayden torment me anymore. 

I get up off my bed and change into a white Adidas sweater with white jeans (image above) then I walk back downstairs and see everyone cleaning up breakfast. Grayson turns around and looks at me, smiling. 

"You change your mind?" 

I nod. "Yeah. I'll go"

"Sweet" Grant grins.

Sorry a bit of a short chapter here but I'm running out of ideas. What should she and Grant do? 

xx ly and thx for reading!