Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I don't condone self-harm or think it's funny. I went through it for a year and it's honestly so painful and not worth it. I'm writing it for the story and the story alone. If you are having thoughts then please don't hesitate to talk to me. Stay safe and ILY!!! XXX

Alyssa's POV

I'm watching Netflix when I hear the front door slam. Confused, I get up off my bed and walk down the hallway to the living room. The twins look stressed out and mad. Ethan walks straight past me, his hands balled up into fists while Grayson falls onto the couch, covering his face with his hands. I walk over to him.

"Gray? What's wrong?" I ask softly.

Silence.

"Gray?"

"Go away, Alyssa" he mutters, rubbing his face.

"What happened?"

"I said go away!" he yells.

I flinch and turn away. What the hell happened to them? Why are they so angry? My heart feels heavy as my eyes fill with tears. Grayson's never spoken to me like that. Did I do something?

"O-ok" I reply, my voice low.

I walk back to my room, shut the door and resume my place on my bed. I press play on the Netflix show but I can't shake off the way Grayson yelled at me.

The next day- 1 pm

Stretching my legs, I open my eyes and see my closed shutters. Lazily, I drag my eyes over to my phone and pick it up. The harsh light makes me blink a couple of times before checking the time.

1 pm

I sigh and drop my phone back onto my bedside table, remembering yesterday. Grayson usually wakes me up at ten, but I guess he's still mad at me. I roll over and stare at my white wall. I'm too upset to enjoy the fact that I get to sleep in.

Fuck.

I slide out of bed and just stay in my pyjamas. I pocket my phone and open my door, peeking out. the whole house is quiet and I walk out quietly. I enter the living room and see Ethan on the couch, looking through his phone. He looks so concentrated.

"Hey, E" I yawn. Hopefully, they're in a better mood today.

He doesn't look up from his phone. Okay, maybe they're not. I'm so sick of this! I wish they'd just tell me what I did wrong.

"Ethan?"

"What?" he asks rudely.

My mouth slightly opens at his body language towards me. He's staring at me.

"N-nothing" I stutter, watching his eyes darken.

"Then go away!"

I watch him shake his head and go back to his phone. I run to my bathroom and shut the door, tears hot on my skin. My vision is blurry as I search for my razor. They want me to go away? Okay. My fingers finally slide over a razor shaped object and I close my hand around it. I don't even think twice as I grip the handle tightly, sliding it over my skin. Ripples of ripped skin and blood spurt out and the pain is awful but relieving. I do a second line and then a third, each time getting easier than the last. I start on my other wrist and with every slit, my gasp becomes quieter. My vision becomes distorted and I step back, feeling dizzy. I don't even feel myself fall. The cold tiles against my skin tell me though. I turn my head towards my hand where it's still holding the razor. I feel all function in my fingers go away and I allow myself to let the razor go.

"Alyssa!"

"Oh fuck!"

I feel someone grab my shoulders and then place my head in their lap. I'm transitioning in and out of consciousness as I hear muffled voices around me.

"Ethan, call 911! Alyssa, baby, look at me"

Someone has a hand on my cheek and I see a pair of scared brown eyes before I black out completely.