Chapter 86

Please vote and leave a comment if you enjoy!xx

***
Alyssa's POV
***

The rest of the week flies by as Grayson prepares Ethan, Emma and I to meet Amy, his girlfriend. He tries new recipes, sings songs, dances around the house and even smiles when I bring my history paper back home with a B minus on Friday.

Saturday- 9 am

"Rise and shine!" Grayson sings, kissing my cheek and opening my curtains.

It's a cloudy day but it's still bright. Grayson doesn't seem to care as he drags me out of bed.
It's early too. Way too early.

"I need you to vacuum, unload the dishwasher and then come with me to the store to grab a few things for dinner, yeah?"

I nod and don't argue against the time and chores because he looks so happy and excited. He must really like this Amy girl.

***
Later- 7 pm
***

I change into a little black dress and blow dry my damp hair so it's soft and shiny. I slick on some lipgloss, draw on my favourite eyeliner, and spruce up my lashes with jet black mascara as the time for Amy's arrival crawls closer.
I'm nervous but excited. I'm glad Grayson's happy though. He's spent years trying to make me and Ethan feel loved and comfortable. I'm glad he has someone else now to take care of him. He deserves it.

The doorbell goes and I rush downstairs. I'm panting when I get to the door and Ethan and Emma laugh at me. They kiss and Ethan lets her in. It's just Emma. No sign of Amy yet.

"You look beautiful!" Emma smiles, giving me a hug.

"Thanks," I sigh, hugging her back. "You look good too"

She's wearing jeans and a crop top but it looks more fashionable on her than it would on anyone else.

Grayson walks towards us, a smile on his face and his apron still on. He frowns slightly when he sees it's only Emma. They hug and say hello but I can tell Grayson's getting worried.

"She's only five minutes late, Gray," I whisper, squeezing his hand. "She'll be here"

He squeezes my hand back but drops it as soon as the doorbell rings again. Gray rushes to the door and opens it. I can't help but feel uneasy on the inside as Amy jumps into his arms, going him a full-on kiss. They seem so comfortable with each other.

Amy detaches her lips from Grayson's and fixes her hair in the mirror before turning towards Emma, Ethan and I. She smiles, says hello and gives Emma and I a look. Maybe her fake lashes got caught in her eye, I don't know.

"So excited to meet you!" she says, folding me into a hug. "You must be Alexis"

"Alyssa," I correct, wincing at her overpowering perfume and fake nails digging into my back.

She pulls back and eyes Emma with her hazel ones before shaking her hand. Emma looks confused but smiles through it.

***

We enter the kitchen where Grayson's lamb chops and side of mac and cheese smell amazing. We walk to the kitchen table and I sigh when my hand meets Amy's on a chair next to Grayson. It's my usual seat every night and I kinda wish Amy would sit across from him.

"Ahem," she smiles, tugging the chair towards her.

Grayson gives me a look and I let go, sighing and taking a seat across from Ethan and next to Emma. She squeezes my hand under the table and I squeeze it back.

We dig into the food and I'm about to get some mac and cheese until Grayson and Amy say something.

"Here, babe, have some pasta"