Chapter 67

Alyssa's POV

Last night was a blur.

***
10 hours earlier
****

Ethan opens the front door and lets me in first. Emma follows behind me as a cautiously look around for any sign that Grayson is near. Ethan must've read my mind because he sighs and tells me that Gray went to bed.
I nod and suddenly get attacked by a hassled looking grandmother. She throws her arms around me and presses my body tightly to hers. Let's just say that I almost suffocated...her breasts are a bit on the....large side.

"Alyssa, you worried us sick!"

Ethan hangs up his coat on the coat rack in the front hall and looking closer I realize how tired he looks. I feel bad. I didn't mean to worry or scare anyone but it looks like I did.

"Come into the kitchen, dear. I'll make you some tea and something to eat"

I follow grandma into the kitchen obediently, scared to speak and say no as if I might get hit again.
Ethan places a hand on my shoulder which I'm guessing is meant to be comforting but I flinch and he looks hurt, upset and confused.

"I'm sorry" I mumble.

Ethan shakes his head. "Stop apologizing, hon. You did nothing wrong"

"Oh you silly girl! Sit down and have some tea" grandma exclaims, bustling around the kitchen grabbing mugs, tea bags and switching on the kettle. "What would you like to eat? I have left over soup or some pesto pasta? I could make you something else too-"

"It's okay, grandma" I croak quietly. "I don't need anything"

I barely recognize my own voice. My throat is raw and sore from crying so much that my voice just comes out in a whisper.

"Okay," she says gently. "At least have something to drink"

Grandma sits down next to me and holds me close as Ethan takes her place in making the drinks. He dumps the tea bags inside the mugs and fills them up with boiling water. He adds an extra teaspoon of sugar in mine and smiles softly as he places it in front of me.

"It's hot" he says. "Careful"

I suddenly get angry. Why are they treating me like a baby? I obviously know tea is hot. With another look at Emma, Ethan and grandma all anger is lost. I can't be angry. It'd be unfair to them who gave up sleep and time to come after me, make sure I was okay.
Grandma strokes my hair as if I was an injured kitten whom she had found on her doorstep while Ethan sits with Emma across from me, sipping his tea slowly.
It's been a long night, emotions have been running on a high and I'm ready to go to sleep but of course, grandma and Ethan wanna talk about it.
I sigh but don't say much. I answer questions but again, don't elaborate more. Ethan shares a look with grandma and it's clear that they won't get  anywhere with me tonight. They say goodnight and I go up to bed.

***
Previously
***

I wake up early and roll over, shutting my eyes again. I feel like shit. My brain tells me to get my lazy ass up but I really don't feel like it. Against my wishes, my eyes spring back open and refuse to shut.
I guess it's time to start my day.
I sit up and feel my heart droop when I see Grayson in the other bed with Ethan. I look to my right and see Emma asleep, her bun messy as ever. I feel weird today and I hate it. I absolutely hate it hate it hate it.
With a sigh, I heave myself out of bed quietly and carefully as possible before grabbing some black jeans and an oversized white hoodie. I slip on my Air Force 1s and tie them tightly.
Alright, time to face this day.
I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, surprised to  see grandma's arm in a turkey's asshole.