Chapter 26

Alyssa's POV- Next morning

"Alyssa!"
I shriek and land on the floor with a loud thud. Jeez, I gotta lay off the junk food.
I look up at Ethan and glare at him, my heartbeat increased by about ten percent. He laughs and holds his stomach, obviously finding my state amusing.
"Jerk" I grumble, getting up.
He grabs me into a hug and ruffles my hair, chuckling.
"Why you so salty?"
"Why you so happy?"
He lets me go and grins.
"It's Emma's and I's one year anniversary"
"Good for you, bro. Good for you" I mutter.
I crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my shoulders. The warmth returns and I snuggle into my pillow.
"Alyssa, get up!"
The duvet gets ripped off of my body, and I growl at Ethan as he tries to pull me outta bed.
"God, sis. Lay off the junk food!"
I glare at him and he laughs again.
"I'm kidding. You're light as a feather, here, look,"
He throws me over his shoulder and walks out of my room.
"Okay okay I get it. Now put me down so I can go back to bed"
"Nope"
Before I know it, he dumps me onto a kitchen stool and jogs over to the coffee pot.
"Ah good morning family"
I groan as Grayson ruffles my hair and drops a kiss on my temple.
"More like bad morning" I mutter.
"Aww why so grumpy? Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"
"More like got scared and fell off the wrong side of the bed, courtesy of your wonderful twin brother" I say, glaring at Ethan.
"Hey!" Ethan says, putting his hands up in mock surrender. "Admit it, you had fun "
"No! I wanna go back to bed, so if you'll excuse me,"
I start getting off my stool and sigh when Grayson pushes me back on it.
"Not so fast"
"What?" I groan, tired and frustrated.
I worship sleep.
"We're going out"
I lift my head a little to look out the kitchen window and laugh.
"It's still dark out,"
Grayson grins. "Ah, but the beauty comes later, little sister,"
I look up at him and feel my brows furrow. "Why you talking like that?"
"Because we're going on a hike!"
He looks excited and funnily enough, so does Ethan. Ethan also worships sleep so why's he so ecstatic? Oh right, one year anniversary with Emma.
"How are you excited about hiking at five am?"
"Trust me, once you see the sunrise you'll think it's worth it" Gray chuckles, also drinking some coffee.
"I wanna go to bed" I grumble.
"Cmon it'll be fun!" Grayson says, smiling at me.
I groan again and let my head fall into my arms.

***

"How much longer?" I ask, my legs burning.
"Oh stop complaining" Gray chuckles. "Not too long. Cmon, it's fun!"
Walking up a hill at five in the morning is not exactly what I call "fun". I roll my eyes and trudge along behind the twins.
I fall behind a little and decide to walk at my own pace. I wanna go home. I sigh and pick up a rock, throwing it far in the distance. I'm bored.
Suddenly, something rustles in the bushes and I run as fast as I can towards the twins.
"Woah" Grayson laughs. "Where you going?"
"Far away from that bush" I pant, pointing towards the trees where the little bush sits. "Something looked like it was gonna come out and eat me"
Ethan frowns and looks behind before laughing his ass off.
"What?" I frown.
Grayson also laughs and shakes his head, pointing towards a baby rabbit nibbling it's paws.
"You honestly thought a baby rabbit was going to eat you?" Ethan smirks.
"Shut up" I mumble.
We continue walking uphill until we reach the top. There are some trees and a picnic bench. Grayson glances at Ethan and they gesture for me to come sit down with them. I sit and watch the sky turn pink and then morph into blue. I have to admit, it is super beautiful. Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea.
"So, Alyssa. How you feeling?"
I snap my attention back to the boys who are looking at me intensely. I suddenly start to feel really uncomfortable. Something about sharing emotions just makes me extremely fidgety.
"I'm fine"
"You sure?" Ethan asks. "You haven't mentioned Damon in a while and you haven't hung out with Kayleigh and Carly since the party. It's been two weeks"
My eyes fill with angry tears. I'm tired and I don't wanna have this conversation.
"We know that Kayla and Melody-"
I shake my head no.
"Let's not talk about this"
The twins sigh and Ethan starts talking again.
"We just thought you'd be more open if we got you out of the house and got you to talk a little more"
"So you lured me out here, at six freaking am just to talk to me about my issues? Like you guys are my therapists?"
Grayson sighs.
"Sweetheart-"
"No. Leave me alone!"
I get up and walk down the way we came and ignore the boys as they try to talk to me.
"Cmon, Aly! We didn't mean to upset you"
I chuckle and shake my head.
"So you thought I was going to be fine with you two prying into my life?"
"We weren't prying" Grayson sighs.
"Oh no? Then what do you call extracting information from someone else's life as if it were your own to talk about? Huh? Tell me Grayson, I would love to know!"
"Cool your attitude there, young lady" Ethan warns.
"Whatever" I mutter.
"Alyssa..."
"So I can't be upset?"
Ethan sighs.
"You can be upset but just remain respectful when you talk to us"
"Maybe if you guys just minded your own business than this wouldn't have happened!"
I storm off towards the car and get in. The twins also get in and no one says a word the whole way home.