Chapter 97

Alyssa's POV

"Don't you like them?"

"Huh?"

I look up at grandma and follow her finger towards the banana cinnamon muffin in front of me. I sigh.

"Sorry, grandma. I'm sure they're delicious but I'm not hungry this morning"

She raises an eyebrow at me. "Therapy worrying you?"

"Don't say that word," I groan.

She chuckles. "It'll be an eye-opener, dear. You'll be fine"

"You're lucky. You and Emma get to do errands!"

Grandma raises an eyebrow. "You want to go run errands?"

I shrug. "It's probably better than therapy"

"I think you'll end up liking it" grandma replies, ruffling my hair and handing me a mug of coffee.

"I told the boys yesterday I didn't want to go and now they're forcing me. It's not fair"

Grandma unties her apron and hangs it on the back of the kitchen door before sitting next to me with her own mug of coffee.

"I think your brothers know what's good for you. Trust them"

"Last time I did that they dragged me out to the park and ambushed me"

Grandma chuckles. "They did not ambush you!"

"They did!" I argue, taking another sip of coffee.

The boys enter the kitchen fully dressed and groomed, sporting big smiles on their faces. It's eight in the morning. Who gets fully dressed at eight am?

"Hey," Grayson smiles, reaching his hand out to ruffle my hair.

I duck out of the way and Grayson sighs, raising an eyebrow.

"You still mad at me?"

I look away from him and stare hard outside the window. He makes a scoffing sound and pours himself a cup of coffee, shaking his head.

"You can ignore me all you want  but you're coming"

"Great," I mutter.

Grayson and I might've had a little argument last night. I tried to back out of the therapy session but Grayson said I had to go. There might have been a little yelling.
Might have.

"Alyssa, dear, behave yourself," grandma says, giving the twins a look. "And you boys support her. She's nervous enough as it is, okay? She doesn't need extra anxiety"

The boys nod and Grayson's eyes bore into my back. I refuse to turn around and look at them.

"Good morning!"

Emma hugs me from behind and then jumps next to Ethan, smiling crazily.

"I can't wait to explore the vegetable market with your grandma. I've never been to one before!"

"Why are you in such a good mood?" I mutter, seeing her arm wrap around Ethan's waist.

"Because some people can smile and try new things" Grayson says, looking at me and folding his arms. "Unlike others"

I glare at him and end up walking to the bathroom, locking myself inside. I feel so nervous it's ridiculous and knowing that Grayson thinks I'm unable to "try new things" hurts me. It really does. It's like he doesn't get how anxious I am today. Then again I don't think he really cares.