Chapter 50

Alyssa's POV

"So you going on Saturday?"

I gather my hair and tie it into a high pony, the PE teacher yelling at a group of boys across the field. I look at Hayden as he waits for my answer.

"Going where?"

"The party"

I roll my eyes and let out a chuckle. "Lol, why is there a party every weekend?"

Hayden shrugs. "High school?"

I also shrug and continue stretching my back. I hate this soccer unit. I have to run and I hate running. 

"So?"

"So what"

"Are you going to the party?"

"Probably not"

"Cmon, please? I'll go with you"

I sigh and brush a strand of hair out of my eye. "In case you've forgotten, my last party experience wasn't the best. Plus I don't think my brothers want me too"

Hayden also sighs. "It wasn't your fault"

"I made him mad and crazy" I sigh. "It was my fault"

"Alyssa, cmon. You don't really think that do you?"

I stay quiet for a moment while Hayden looks at me. Coach Bennett starts calling a group circle and I stand up hurriedly.

"Cmon. Coach wants us"

***

Home

 "Hey, hon"

"Hey, E"

I shut the door behind me and drop my bag by the kitchen table. He smiles at me and lowers his laptop screen. 

"How was school?"

"It was okay"

"You have much homework?"

"Nah, only a few chapters of a book to read plus some notes"

He nods and goes back to his laptop. I take my book out of my bag and walk to the couch where the fluffy blanket calls me. 

6:30 pm

I hug the couch pillow closer to my chest and flick through the different Netflix shows. I've watched all my favourites over and over and they're getting boring. 

"Are you bored?"

I lazily lift my eyes up to where Grayson is smirking in the doorway of the living room. I groan knowing what's coming next.

"Can you be a sweet sister and run down to the grocery shop to pick up some things?" 

I heave myself off the couch and take the list from his hands. 

"Take a hoodie"

"It's not cold!"

"Alyssa" he raises an eyebrow and I sigh.

I grab my hoodie from the table and put it on before walking outside and shutting the door behind me. 

When I get to the grocery store, I take my hoodie off and tie it around my waist. I enter and smile at the cashiers before going to the vegetable aisle. Once I pick out everything on the list, I pay and walk outside. 

The cold wind blows my hair across my face and I'm suddenly freezing. I mentally thank Grayson and put my hoodie on. I'm about to start walking again when someone bumps into me. I look at him and my heart thumps loudly, my breath catches in my throat, and I suddenly feel sick.