Chapter 77

Alyssa's POV

"Ugh, I don't wanna gooooo!" I groan, fiddling around with the TV remote.

Grayson sighs and folds his arms, cocking his head to the side.

"Cmon, kid. It's only a short visit. It'll be over before you know it. And who knows? It might even help"

I look him in the eyes and scoff. I know what's going to happen. I'll get to the office and they'll annoy the fuck out of me.
I really don't get why the twins are dragging me to therapy with them. It's annoying, I'm tired and I don't want to open the waterworks that I've worked so hard to close.

Grayson sighs again and sits next to me on the couch.

"Alyssa?"

I don't say anything. I just look at him.

"Why don't you want to get help? E and I-"

"- want the best for me, I know" I sigh. "I just.....I don't wanna go"

He falls quiet for a minute.

"Why not?"

"I shouldn't have to explain myself to you!"

He looks taken aback by my tone and I sigh, feeling frustrated as I feel a tear run down my face. I wipe it away quickly and pull the fluffy blanket from my lap over my head.

"Alyssa, Cmon. Talk to me"

"No!"

"You're supposed to talk to me"

"Fine. Don't make me go!"

He sighs and I know he's getting frustrated. He's had three meetings today and came home in a weary mood.

"Alyssa, you're coming whether you like it or not"

"No, I'm not"

"I will carry you there if I have to. You'll thank me later, believe it or not"

With that, I feel him leave the couch and walk away. I let out a frustrated mangled sounding scream into a pillow and stop when I feel a slight headache settling in.
I sigh and throw the blanket off me, standing up. The mixed emotions running around my body makes me feel weirdly angry and confused. How dare he try to drag me to a therapist when I tell him I'm fine? What does he know about my feelings anyway?

I walk upstairs and to my room not wanting to stay downstairs in case Grayson would actually carry me out to the car.
I shut the door behind me and sit on my bed, staring out my window. It's a rainy day today. Grey and cloudy.

***
1 hour later
***

Knock knock

My door cracks open and Ethan's head pops around it, smiling.

"Hey, hon. Time to go"

"I'm not going"

His smile falters a little but he brightens it and gives a little chuckle.

"Of course you are! Don't be silly, Cmon"

"Why do you both just ignore my feelings? Why do you just take it as a joke?" I say, raising my voice a little. "I don't want to go! You really can't make me!"

Ethan sighs and walks in, shutting the door behind him.

"Grayson said you might be hesitant"

I let out a laugh and shake my head. "Not hesitant. I. don't. Want. To. Go!"

"Why are you being sos stubborn?" Ethan sighs, sitting on my bed next to me. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. I'm fine, Ethan!" I sigh. "But you and Grayson are trying to force me to do something I don't want to do"