Chapter 60

Alyssa's POV

"Is that what you're wearing?" Ethan asks, leaning against my door

I turn around in the mirror and look over my shoulder at my reflection. The dress is perfect for the event.

"Wait, is that the one grandma sent you?"

I nod and smile. "Doesn't she have the best taste?"

He cocks his head to the side and inspects the dress, suddenly making me feel uncomfortable. I look back in the mirror and sigh. Does it look bad?

"What? You hate it, don't you? I look fat right?"

"No, no!" He quickly retracts. "You look good. Yeah its just-"

He sighs.

"It's a little short isn't it?"

"Ethan leave her alone!" Grayson shouts from his room.

I giggle and Ethan smiles, shaking his head.

"Fine"

He leaves and I roll my eyes. The downside to living with your brothers is that you have to run every outfit past them. It's annoying. My friends think it's cute but it's really not.
I sit at my makeup desk and finish the look. I apply fake eyelashes and another coat of nude lipstick. I run a brush through my hair until it falls down my back in long silky waves. I'm ready.
I grab my white purse and slip on my heels. I'm definitely ready.

I walk into the living room and sit on the couch while I wait for the twins to be ready. I tap through Instagram stories and am surprised that almost all influencers are going to this event. I have to admit, it's a pretty fucking weird event. A summer themed party held in December? No one would wanna miss that.

I check the time and groan. We leave in an hour. I always get ready early with the fear that I won't have enough time to prep myself. I'm paranoid like that.
I grab the TV remote and flick through Netflix. I've got some time to kill.

***

"If you get anxious don't be scared to pull Ethan or I out of the crowd, okay?"

"Okay" I say, smiling at Grayson. I can't help it. He's so damn protective.

"Alright. Let's go"

We get out of the car and I instantly marvel at the entrance to the venue.
The grass is so green and the wooden stands that gold the hay roof are draped with white cloths. Flowers litter the grass and it truly looks summery. It's pretty cold out here though.
I follow the twins inside and once again feel taken aback by the decorations.
The whole inside of the mansion is heated like a summers day and filled with plants, flowers and more grass. Butterflies flutter around the place, impressing all the guests.

***

"Excuse me sir, where are the restrooms?" I ask a kind looking waiter.

He smiles and points down the hall. I thank him and make my way towards it but take the wrong turn and end up in some sort of ball room. A heavenly sound comes from the corner and I peer in. A boy in a suit is playing the smooth black piano in the corner, soft notes floating from it. I stand and watch as his delicate fingers dance across the keys.