Chapter 23

So sorry for my absence but I'm back! My brother's friends came over to my house to stay for a few days and I got wrapped up in everything and didn't get a post up. So sorry, but here's another one!

Hope you enjoy!

So much love for y'all!

I've been shutting Grayson out all week. Ethan not so much. Every day after school I go to my room, do my homework and just chill. It's lonely, I admit. I miss our talks in the kitchen while he cooked dinner.

I sigh and shake my head, trying to concentrate on my math equations. I can't focus. I look at the empty spot next to me, where Damon's been absent all week. I've called and texted him but he never answered. 

Home

I sigh and tug my hair out of its bun. My hair falls down my back in messy waves and I get my homework out. 

Knock knock

Ethan walks into my room, smiling at me. "Hey, sweetheart"

"Hey," I say.

He pulls out my desk chair and places it by the bed, sitting down and wincing. His ribs haven't healed completely yet. 

"Whatcha doing?"

"Homework" I sigh, gesturing towards the papers and textbooks scattered around my bed.

He sighs. "Right"

I don't mean to be so shut off but I'm tired and I've had a headache for the past three days. 

"Alyssa! Come down here, please!" Grayson calls upstairs. 

I roll my eyes and groan loudly. 

"What did I do now?"

Ethan shrugs and follows me downstairs. I enter the kitchen and sit at one of the bar stools while Grayson's reading something on his phone. He looks up and sighs. 

"I'm sorry"

Confused, I stare at him as he grabs my hand. 

"I should've believed you"

He slides his phone over the countertop and I take it, reading an email from Mr Kraft. I sigh in relief when I read it. Damon apparently confessed to Mr Kraft that he cheated off my essay and I'm okay. I got an A and Damon failed. I mean, I feel bad for him but I feel good. Good to know that I didn't get blamed for something I didn't do. 

"Are we okay?" Grayson asks, hugging me from behind. 

"Yeah," I say. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk into homeroom and see Damon sitting at his usual seat in the back of the class. I walk over to the empty spot next to him and sit down. 

"Hey, D," I say, smiling. 

I'm in a good mood today. Grandma's staying with us for a week and I'm super excited. She'll be home when I get home from school today along with our little cousins. 

Damon doesn't say anything but turns his head to the side. Hmm. Strange. 

"What did you do this weekend? I texted you but-"

"Oh my god just stop talking!" he suddenly says, anger flashing in his eyes. "You always think the world revolves around you, don't you? Well, I got news! It doesn't!"