Chapter 51

Alyssa's POV

"You are relentless!" I chuckle, shoving Hayden gently.

He laughs but then pleads for me to come to the party again. I roll my eyes and say no.

"Please? The party won't be fun without you. Everyone will be there!"

"Good for them"

"Alyssa!" He laughs. "Cmon!"

"Hayden, if everyone is going to be there then it means that Damon will be there"

He shakes his head. "That's why you need to wear something flirtatious to show that you're over him"

Except that I'm not. I sigh and think it over. I could go for two hours tops and I'd be with Hayden. Everything seems safe.

"Fine. I'll ask the twins tonight"

"Yay!" He claps his hands. "This is going to be so fun"

"Yeah" I sigh. "Fun"

***

Home
7:45 pm

"Grayson?"

He looks up from cutting carrots and smiles at me. "Yeah?"

I tap my pencil against my note book as he nods his head a little, gesturing me to carry on talking.

"Well...there's a party on Saturday and Hayden really wants me to go"

He's about to say something when I cut him off.

"I'll be there for two hours tops-scratch that, an hour tops. I'll be with Hayden and I won't go near alcohol or drugs-"

"Alyssa?"

"Yeah?"

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Yes"

"Yes?"

"Yes, you can go"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Thanks"

He continues with dinner and I go back to my homework. Maybe it won't be so bad after all.

***

Saturday- The Party

I check my outfit in the mirror and decide that it's the best it's going to get

I check my outfit in the mirror and decide that it's the best it's going to get. I tie my shoe laces tightly and add another few brushes of eye shadow, my mascara perfect for the first time ever.
I brush my hair and curl the ends. They bounce around when I move and I'm feeling good about myself for the first time in weeks. I spritz myself with perfume and take a last look in the mirror. I look good.
I grab my phone off the charger, pause the music and make my way downstairs  with lip gloss and earphones in my purse.