· Struggling Sexuality (part 3) ·

Enjoy! xx

***

Alyssa's POV

***

"Hey, Gray?"

"Yes?"

It's a Friday afternoon and I've caught Grayson at the best time. On Friday's, he's always calm, in a good mood and easy to label as a pushover. 

"Can my friend Alex come over tonight?"

Grayson starts unloading the dishwasher and I bend down, picking up cups and plates to help convince him.

"Not tonight," he replies. "We have an early start to a busy day tomorrow"

"What are we doing?" I ask, taking my phone from the counter to text Alex. 

"Meetings, errands, stuff like that. I think Kristina wanted to go to the mall"

"Oh," I reply, adding a little air to the end of my sentence.

Grayson looks up and raises an eyebrow, giving me the reaction I wanted. 

"Why, what's up?"

I shrug. "Is it okay if I stay home?"

"Why?" Gray frowns. "You alright?"

I nod. "I just don't feel like going out tomorrow"

"Well, I don't like leaving you at home alone. Especially for hours on end"

I start to talk, but then remember hiding Alex is a secret. I won't be home alone. 

"Please?" I sigh. 

"You'll have fun, I promise," Gray smiles, ruffling my hair as he puts more plates away. 

"How am I going to have fun stuck at your meetings?" I mutter, looking down at my hands. 

Grayson sighs and rolls his eyes. 

"Can't I just stay here with Kris?" I sigh, giving him my best puppy dog eyes. 

"Fine," Gray says, shaking his head with a gentle smile. "You've been staying home a lot lately, though. Everything okay?"

I nod quickly.

"You've been acting weird too," Gray continues. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about anything? I'm always-"

"-Always here to listen," I say, finishing his sentence. "I know. I'm fine"

"If you say so"

Grayson walks outside into the garden and I walk back upstairs towards my room. I don't know when I'll tell the twins about Alex, but it has to be done pretty soon. 

***

"We're leaving!"

Alex breaks our kiss and raises an eyebrow, nodding towards the door. 

"I think they're going now"

"No shit, sherlock," I laugh, rolling my eyes. "Stay here. I'll be back"

Alex nods and lies down on my carpet, grabbing her phone to no doubtedly look at TikTok. I exit my room and shut the door behind me, checking the hallway to make sure no one's around. I then walk downstairs and see the twins and Kristina getting ready to leave. 

"Kristina can't stay with you anymore," Ethan says, grabbing his keys. 

"I'm getting coffee with a friend right across the street though so if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me"