• Drunken revenge •

***

Alyssa's POV

***

I've been spending a lot of time with Jordan recently and it's been taking my mind off a lot of things. I'm happy that grandma is out of her wheelchair, Ethan still doesn't like Jordan but I don't listen to him, Gray's been really nice to me and Damon hasn't texted me. Life is really good right now.

***

"Grandma, I'm going over to Jordan's"

I grab my bag and grandma looks up from her lemon square recipe, smiling.

"Are you two...?"

I shake my head. "We're just friends"

"Where are you guys going?"

"We're just walking around town. Jordan's looking for a summer job"

Grandma nods and dumps a cup of flour into a clear bowl.

"Maybe you should get a summer job too"

I sigh and shrug. "I spoke to the twins about it but they seemed reluctant"

Grandma smiles. "I'm sure if you find something suitable for your age then they'll let you. It's always nice to earn cash for yourself"

I nod. "That is true, and I could use the extra cash"

The twins enter the kitchen and Ethan raises an eyebrow at my hand hovering above the back kitchen door.

"Where are you going?"

"To Jordan's"

"No, you're not"

"Yes, I am!"

"No, you're not!"

I fold my arms and look at Ethan, feeling my eyes go wide as fury washes over my body. Why is he so against Jordan? It's not fair.

"Ethan, I'm going whether you like it or not"

His lips part slightly and he looks a little surprised at my defiance.

"Excuse me, Alyssa, you're not going and that's final. No discussion"

I let my fingers slip off the door handle and stare him down. He ends up chuckling and shaking his head.

"Alyssa, take that look off your face before you're grounded"

"Why!" I explode. "What's wrong with you? Why can't you just let me be happy?"

"Alyssa," Gray sighs.

I look at Grayson and see that his eyes are closed and that he's pinching the bridge of his nose. I can tell he feels pretty helpless right now.

"Nothing's wrong with me, Alyssa," Ethan says, sounding a little offended. "And of course I want to see you happy. I just don't think he's the person you should be hanging out with"

"Why the fuck not?"

Grayson's eyes open rapidly and he gives me a warning look. Ethan covers up a small smile.

"Alyssa, don't use that language, please," Gray sighs.

I look at grandma and she gives my shoulder a pat. I take a deep breath.

"I'm going to go see him. I'm late already"

I open the door and Ethan scoffs, folding his arms.

"One step out that door and you're grounded"

"Whatever," I huff, slamming the door behind me as I jog down the porch and towards Jordan's.

***
Ethan's POV
***
The door slams behind Alyssa and I let out a sigh, shaking my head. Grandma and Grayson look shocked. 
Alyssa's never been like this before.