Chapter 21

"More pillows?"

"Alyssa-"

"Coffee?"

Ethan sighs and grabs my hand.

"Avocado toast? Massage?"

"Sweetheart, stop," Ethan sighs. "I'm fine and I don't need anything"

"But-"

"Stop"

I sigh and sit down next to him. 

"I'm just trying to help," I mumble. 

Ethan messes up my hair and chuckles. "I know, A"

It's been two weeks since the incident and I'm still shaken up about it. The doctors said that Ethan was very lucky. The car hit him pretty hard and apparently, if he'd hit his back on the armrest a little more to the right he could've had spinal cord damage and become paralyzed, or worse, be dead. I shudder at the thought and Ethan pulls me closer. 

"Hey, stop worrying"

"I can't, E" I sigh. "I'm still scared"

"Honey, I'm healing. I'll be better in another two to three weeks and we can do shit together again"

I nod and yawn. My sleeping patterns have been horrible. For the past two weeks, I've been having nightmares of all the different scenarios that could've been real. I've also been surviving on two or three hours of sleep a day. 

"Alyssa, go to bed. You look exhausted" Grayson sighs, walking over to where E and I are on the couch. 

"I'm good," I say.

He crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow at me. "It was an order, not a question, young lady"

"But-"

"Go"

"Ethan needs his pain killers" 

"I'll deal with that"

"But-"

"Alyssa" Grayson sighs. "Ethan's fine"

"You call that fine?" I mutter, tears filling my eyes.

"Alyssa" Grayson warns. 

"Fine"

I get up off the couch and walk upstairs to my room, unable to say goodnight. If I talk I might cry.

Grayson's POV

"Poor thing won't stop worrying about me," Ethan sighs, running a hand through his hair. 

"Well, you did give her a pretty good scare," I sigh, taking his empty mug off the coffee table and walking to the kitchen to rinse it out. 

Ethan chuckles and looks at me as I come back with a cup of water and some painkillers.

"Thanks, bro," Ethan takes the painkillers and falls back, sighing. "Help me to the bathroom?"

-------------------------------------

1 am- Alyssa's POV

-------------------------------------

"He could've died"

I whine and turn over in bed, the sheets bunching up between my legs. 

"The car could've paralyzed him"

"He could've died!"

I start crying but I can't open my eyes. The doctor's voice bounces around in my head, echoing in my ears and making my chest hurt.