Chapter 80

Remember to leave a vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! As always, ideas are appreciated! xx

***

Alyssa's POV

"Alyssa, pass me that spoon," Grayson asks, pointing at the wooden spoon sitting to my right.

I pass it to Grayson and he takes it, thanking me. I nod at him and just sigh. I go back on my phone and text Nate for the hundredth time. 

"Hey," Grayson sighs, taking my phone out of my hands. "Stop. He'll text back when he's calmed down"

I nod but can't really see that happening any time soon. Grayson lifts my chin up with his fingers and cracks a cheesy smile. 

"Smile! C'mon, where's my smiley Aly?"

I flash a smile and Grayson chuckles, ruffling my hair.

"There she is! Now set the table for dinner. Emma and dad are coming over"

***

4 hours earlier

***

"Alyssa! You have a visitor!" Ethan yells from downstairs. 

"Coming!" I yell.

I jog downstairs wondering who the fuck is here to see me. It's not like I have friends or anything lol.

"Who is it?" I ask, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

Ethan smirks and walks away, chuckling. "See for yourself"

Confused, I go to the door and can't help a big smile taking over my face.

"Nate!"

He smiles shyly and rubs the back of his neck, a nervous smile resting on his lips. "Hey"

"Come in," I smile, opening the door wider.

He walks in and we stand there awkwardly, stupid smiles on our faces. 

"Long time no see, huh?"  Nate says, putting his hands in his hoodie pockets.

I nod and bite my thumbnail. "Yeah"

"My fault," he sighs, taking my hands in his.

I feel warm as he brings me closer to him.

"I missed you," he breathes, moving a piece of hair away from my face.

I stare into his deep brown eyes and smile softly as he leans in and presses his lips against mine gently. I missed this. 

"Damn, that felt good," he whispers, pulling me into a hug.

I giggle softly and enjoy his embrace. I haven't felt his arms around me in so long. He pulls back and winks at me, pointing behind me. 

I follow his finger and suddenly feel uneasy. He's pointing towards Damon's leather jacket that he left here a few nights ago. 

"Is this one of your brother's?" Nate asks, walking over and picking it up. "It's nice"

A lump forms in my throat as he suddenly frowns and squints at the label. 

"Damon Harris?" Nate reads slowly. 

He looks back at me and frowns. His expression makes me feel sick. 

"Was he here?"

I sigh and walk over to him, reaching for his hand. He snatches it away and drops the jacket on the floor as if it were a hot pan. 

"Was he here?"