· Coming Out ·

Enjoy! xx

***
Alyssa's POV
***

"These strawberries look nice," Kristina says, adjusting her sunglasses on her nose. "Alex, give them a sniff for me, please"

Alex laughs and complies, bending down to steal a sniff at the strawberries lying on their bed of hay in a wooden crate.
I sigh as the girls laugh again and go onto my phone. I scroll through some random photos on Instagram and feel restless standing here at the farmers market.
If I had a choice, I'd still be in bed.

I know I should stop being such a negative Nancy and be happy that Kristina is accepting of Alex and I, but I'm somehow annoyed all the same. I feel guilty and frustrated with myself for not coming out to the twins, I feel frustrated towards Alex for pushing me so much about coming out and I'm frustrated with Kristina and how accepting she is of me. In the past, I've viewed Kristina as the bad guy and I kinda hate that I'm wrong.

I hate admitting that I'm wrong. It literally kills me.

"What do you think?" Kris asks, lifting the carton of strawberries towards me. "Good enough?"

I sigh and pocket my phone, leaning against the wooden beam belonging to the veggie stall behind me.

"They look fine, I guess," I reply, feeling as flat as my tone.

Kris frowns gently and so does Alex. I assume they're worried about my mood, but I push away the guilt trying to trip me up in my head and look down at the floor again.

The strawberries actually look better than "fine". They're super red and big and fresh and pretty looking. I think I'm just tired due to the lack of sleep I've been having since Kris found out about me being bisexual. I know she said she wouldn't say a word to the twins, but I always fear they know when I join them at the dinner table every night. The twins seem to read me like a book and Alex and I's relationship isn't exactly the page I want them to see. At least not yet.

"I'll pay and then we can leave," Kris smiles, showing off her nice teeth.
Kristina walks towards the checkout and Alex nudges me rather sharply.

"What?" I sigh.

"What's your problem?"

I sigh again and give her a look. Alex gives me one back, paired with a glare. I don't like arguing with her, but I have to admit she's hot when she's annoyed.

"I'm just tired, babe," I say, checking the time on my phone.

"I get that," Alex says, her facial expression softening. "But Kristina's trying to cheer you up and you keep throwing it back at her"

"I don't need cheering up, Alex," I smirk, rolling my eyes. "You're funny"

"You've been miserable for the past few days, Aly," Alex says, raising an eyebrow of doubt. "The twins have seen it, Kris has and now I've picked up on it. It's like you carry around a dark cloud with you everywhere. If you talked to someone, maybe you would be-"

I feel the smile fade from my face when the words leave Alex's mouth.
I've been told I need to talk to people and stop being so depressed, but I always thought Alex was the one who'd be on my side all the time, everytime. Now, she seems to be like everyone else. If there's one thing that makes me flip my lid, it's people telling me what to do and who to be.

"Fuck this," I mutter, gently pushing past Alex. "I'm going home"

I have better stuff to do than sit here and be criticized and pitied by people who think they know what's going on in my mind. Maybe I'm being stubborn and upset in the heat of the moment, but I am human and I still have feelings. I'm done being the understanding person who everyone walks over. I'm a person, not a fucking doormat.