Chapter 70

Alyssa's POV

My eyes follow the trail of rain drops that slide down my bedroom window. The gray clouds in the sky give me a comfy vibe and I take a sip of hot coffee from the mug on my bedside table. These past few days the twins have been working hard and attending meetings and they finally let me stay home alone. Of course they demanded I kept my phone on all the time and they've called me every hour just to check in. They also told me not to answer the door but I felt rebellious earlier and opened the door for Billy, our postman. Nice guy, sixty eight years old.
The next episode of Friends pops up on my laptop screen and I pull my fluffy blanket over my cold shoulders. Relaxed and warm, I pick up my phone and decide to look through Instagram a bit. Of course there's a text from Grayson asking if I'm okay and I quickly tap out a reply saying that I'm fine.
I click onto Instagram and sigh when I see news about James. A new racism scandal? I feel bad for him. He's always getting hated on and I hate that the twins and him aren't friends anymore.
I push sadness out of my mind and focus on my fans commenting on my newest post. I scroll through hate and love and feel a mixture of bitter sweetness. The twins have always told me not to respond to hate because it could create a scandal and be on every platform news. I kinda hate having famous brothers.
I reply to some nice comments and follow some of my consistent fans. Then, I click out and shut my phone off.
Time to focus on Netflix.

***

I wake up to the sound of my waterfall ringtone and quickly answer it. Without looking at the contact, I assume it's one of the twins but to my surprise a complete different male voice speaks.

"Hey"

I sit up in bed and push my hair back as I realize who's talking. My heart speeds up and I can't help a big smile breaking out on my face.

"Hey!" I say. "We haven't spoken in ages"

Nate chuckles and I can just imagine his dimples and bright brown eyes.

"I've been wondering about where you've been"

I feel confused until I suddenly remember our phone call in New Jersey.

"Shit, yeah, sorry," I chuckle. "I've just been busy with....family shit"

"Same," he replies.

"Speaking of which, hows your mom?" I ask, moving to my window as it starts to rain harder.

"She's okay. Doing better"

"Oh, good!" I smile. "That's really good!"

"Yeah" he laughs. "Yeah it is. Anyway, do you wanna meet for coffee or something?"

My smile gets wider and I close my eyes, jumping up and down a little. I keep back a squeal and finally answer him.

"Yes. That would be nice. When?"

"Now of course! I miss your face"

I cover my mouth quickly and feel a blush creep into my cheeks. Who is this guy and why is he so sweet?

"Okay," I smile. "Where?"

"Hang on, I'll come by and get you"

He hangs up and I quickly text him my address.
I fall back on my bed clutching my phone to my chest and breathing hard.
I suddenly realize that I must look like shit from not brushing my hair and living in sweatpants for the past few days.
I turn on the shower and wash my hair quickly before blow drying it. After, I grab my makeup bag and layer on the foundation. I go for nude lipstick (always) and light  brown eyelids with eyeliner. Perfect.
I slide on a matching black outfit with white designs and grab my white boots. ⬆️
Once my hair is brushed and my phone is charged, Nate texts me.
I run downstairs excitedly and open the front door. He's standing there on the front step looking effortlessly cool dressed in black ripped jeans and a black leather jacket. His soft brown hair is floppy and his teeth look as white as ever.