Chapter 17

1 week later...

Alyssa's POV

Well, It's final. Melody, Kayla and I are through. We're all mad at one another and it's pissing me off. Hayden being a fuckface isn't helping either. He's been hanging around my locker, slipping notes to me in class and winking at me every time we lock eyes. It's annoying and I wanna smack him down. What I don't want is to get slapped with a suspension by the school. 

"Ms Dolan!" 

I blink and see Mrs Angie standing in front of my desk. I hear my classmates sniggering as she lectures me on sleeping in class. 

"Meet me after class" she sighs, tapping her nails on my desk. 

I groan softly and drop my head into my arms as she walks away. I haven't been sleeping well. My anxiety has been refusing sleep for two weeks now and the teachers are starting to notice. If the twins find out Imma get grilled on why I didn't talk to them and blah blah blah. I don't want that to happen. Like, really don't want it to happen. 

End of class

I walk up to Mrs Angie's desk and she pulls out a chair for me. Oh great, it's the sitting down type of meeting. I drop my bag by the chair and sit, doing my best to keep my eyes open. 

"What's going on, Alyssa? You're supposed to be my top student! You never used to fall asleep in class and you're behind on your essay"

"I'm sorry Mrs Angie" I sigh, rubbing my eyes. "I haven't been sleeping very well recently"

She suddenly looks concerned. "Is everything okay at home?"

I nod. "Everything's fine"

Mrs Angie opens her desk drawer and takes out a test looking paper. It is. It's my recent test. She lays it down on the table in front of me and puts her glasses on. 

"Alyssa, you got a D" she looks at me over the rim of her glasses and sighs. "This isn't good. The question on George Washington saved you from an F. By one point" 

I feel like bursting into tears. I'm so tired and upset and this is just stressing me out even more. 

"I need you to take this home and get it signed by your parents"

I blink back tears as I grab the paper and put it in my bag. Without saying another word, I get up and leave. 

I walk towards my locker but stop when I see Hayden leaning against it. I plan to walk away but he catches my eye. Fuck. 

"Hey, baby girl, he says, smirking. 

"Go away, Hayden" I sigh. "I'm not in the mood for your shit"

He pretends to be hurt and grasps his heart. "ouch, baby, ouch!"

I roll my eyes and grab my books for the next class. Math. Great. I start walking and roll my eyes when Hayden follows. 

"Let me walk you to class"

"You have Spanish, dumbass" I sigh.

"So? I can't walk my girlfriend to class?" he chuckles. 

"Ans what would Kayla have to say about this, Hay?" I ask, turning around. "How would she react if she caught you cheating?"

"It's not cheating, baby. It's called walking a friend to class"

I shake my head and speed up. He gets tangled up in the crowd and I breathe a sigh of relief. He's gone. For now.