Chapter 68

Alyssa's POV

"Aw, don't cry, my sweet girl," grandma says softly, hugging me to her chest.

I hug her back tightly and sniffle. I can't help it though.

"I'll come visit you guys in California" she says again, rubbing my back.

"I know, but I'll miss you"

Grandma laughs and gives my cheek one final kiss before releasing herself from my tight hug.

"Have the waterworks stopped now?" Ethan asks, placing both hands on my shoulders and looking at me, grinning.

I sigh. "I guess"

He pats my back and tells me to get in the car. But when he turns his back I hug grandma one more time. It might be morbid but I always think that grandma or grandpa might die when I'm not here and it scares the shit out of me.

"Alyssa, car, now!" Grayson yells from the drivers seat looking stressed.

"Coming!" I yell back, rolling my eyes and turning back to grandma.

"Was that an eye roll?" He yells again.

Grandma chuckles and pushes me towards the car.

"Bye, honey"

"Bye granny" I sigh opening the back seat door. I slide in and do up my seatbelt.

Ethan also gets in and soon we're off to the airport.

Grayson's POV

I turn onto the highway and follow the signs leading to the airport. I look up into the reviewer mirror and catch sight of Alyssa's face. She's staring hard out the window, biting her long fingernails and I can see the tears in her eyes.

"You okay, Aly?"

She snaps her attention back and sees me looking at her. I offer a small smile and she smiles back, nodding. It's fake as fuck.

"Alyssa, I promise you we'll see them soon"

She nods but I can't tell if that's what's bothering her. Or maybe she's scared that I'll hit her a gain when we get back to LA. I sigh and decide to leave it for now.

***

Alyssa's POV

I can't help but feel that when we get back to LA everything will change. Especially after everything that happened in New Jersey. The twins turned twenty, Grayson hit me, Ethan and Emma have a stronger relationship and I got more...emotional? I don't know.
I sigh and continue looking out the window and at passing farms. I love New Jersey so much and it always pains me to leave.

"You okay?" Emma whispers, squeezing my hand gently.

I nod and she nods back, patting my hand. She then goes back to laughing and joking with Ethan.

***
Home
***

"I could sleep for a week after that flight" Ethan yawns, throwing himself on the living room couch and dropping his suitcase to the floor with a loud thump.

"Of course you could" Gray says, rolling his eyes.

I lug my suitcase upstairs to my room and leave it by the foot of my bed to unpack later. I walk back downstairs and join Grayson in the kitchen.

"Hey" he smiles.

"Hey" I reply.

Grayson walks into the living room and clicks his fingers to get Ethan's attention.