Episode 10 : All Confusion

It is now wednesday and at the main hall of the resort, Charles, Carrie, Art and Damon were playing board games on the lounge......

Charles: (throws off the 2 dices) so guys... I am almost gonna win this snake and ladder goddamn game!! (sees 8 dots on the dices) almost there... (moves his piece closely to the 100th box) (smiles) (stands up and claps happily) God! I won!! I thought that doesn't add up to 100 but hell no!!
Damon: (yawns) this is why you didn't got a high grade on mathematics..... (rolls his eyes)
Charles: (shakes Damon) Damon!! you are in a bad mood again! aren't we supposed to be happy?
Damon: I am happy... not with you though... (walks and sits on Art's other side)
Carrie: (approaches everybody) hey guys... is it my turn?? (holds a box of Uni cards)
Charles: I won babe... again!!!
Carrie: oh... now that is boring... he always wins! (sits next to Charles)
Charles: (grabs the box of Uno cards from Carrie) excuse me?! give me that Uno cards! lets play again... I will shuffle... (takes out the cards on the box)
Damon: you will make all the special cards all for you... I can sense it....
Charles: hater!
Damon: (sticks out his tongue to Charles) no one is against me hating you stupid!
Carrie: (lies his head on Art's shoulder) you Art? where is that boy? any good stories to tell about him?
Art: he is quiet... he didn't even join our streaming party last night... (shrugs)
Jean: (approaches the friends) good morning guys!!! I see you found our collection of board games.....
Carrie: yeah Ms. Jean! there's a lot of things we really can do... I can imagine this place improving and a lot more would be done here......
Jean: yeah! we also cannot wait... you can also help us with your suggestions okay???
Charles: we would! (smiles) (gives a group of cards to Damon, Art and Carrie)
Ashton: (enters the room)
Jean: (notices Ashton) oh my! Ashton!! you are now here....
Ashton: (approaches Jean) good morning Ms. Jean....
Jean: it seems that you just woke up huh???
Ashton: I did... (sits on a stool) (looks around) few people today huh????
*Damon, Carrie, Charles and Art starts playing Uno cards*
Jean: yeah... (watches Art and the others playing) everyone is on outdoors.... the weather is extra good today but these kids wants indoors today....
Carrie: yeah.. cause we have been taking photos at every edge of this place since days ago.....
Ashton: (watches Art and the others play cards) so.... where is Mr. Jack?
Jean: Jack is doing some hardware stuffs at the entrance.... he is very busy and better do it today because of a great weather...
Charles: really? can we help him? (plays cards with the others)
Jean: no need.... (smiles) you guys are here to rest... not to work so yeah!
Carrie: but we can help Ms. Jean whatever needs for this place to be great... we are really willing....
Art: yeah.. especially that we are the first ones who came here so... yeah! we are available....
Jean: oh yeah! you all are our most special customers so sure.... you all can help!!!
Charles: especially that this place is lacking of staffs right? we can operate stuffs when we have to.....
Jean: actually..... we do not have any staffs here.....
Ashton: (eyes widens at Jean) no staffs??? but..... what about the driver??? the boat drivers??? aren't they staffs????
Jean: what boat drivers??? we do not have any.....
Damon: wait... (feels confused) but we had a driver when we went here.....
Ashton: (points Damon) see... I am not the only one noticing it.....
Jean: (feels funnily confused) we don't have any......
Art: actually Damon.... we only called somebody to drive us here because nobody knows how to boat..... and the rest of the passengers on the first day were all driving boats, paddling or... using jetskis.....
Damon: oh yeah! I forgot....
Ashton: (feels confused) but who is that guy that fell into...
Art: (looks confused at Ashton)
Jean: fell into what Ashton?
Ashton: (notices Art looking confused at him) cause there was one in the night.... and that person... (in his mind) he died on water! would you really say that????
Jean: c'mon... tell us Ashton.... I know it is not real but...
Ashton: (shakes his head) (feels embarrassed) never mind... it might be part of my tiring first days... (looks away seriously)
Art: (looks concerned at Art)
Carrie: (whispers to Art) he is acting that way again.....
Art: (feels guilty) (looks down sadly)

It is now night and at the food court of the resort, Ashton was silently eating alone......

Ashton: (eating quietly alone) (in his mind) I cannot believe that I see things that I really do see but other people doesn't...... but those things are real....
Art: (shyly approaches Ashton) ugh... (holds a tray of food)
Ashton: (notices Art) oh hi Art... (smiles slightly) I saw your friends eating earlier.....
Art: yeah.. that is why I am here trying to find a buddy who I can eat with...
Ashton: sure... (smiles) do not be shy.. we are roommates anyway......
Art: (sits on the opposite side of Ashton)
Ashton: (looks shyly at Art) ugh Art?
Art: (starts eating) why?
Ashton: are you sure that you are not a writer?
Art: yes I am a writer but I haven't written anything like what you think.... why do you think of that?
Ashton: cause I really know!
Art: are you sure? (feels confused)
Ashton: I am extra sure about it...
Art: can I ask the name of the book that you are talking about because I have no idea what you are talking about.....
Ashton: it is called.... (keeps thinking about the title) it is called.. (struggles to remember)
Art: maybe it is somebody else's book...... and what about the workers you saw? and the airport??
Ashton: (feels anxious) ugh.. (hands starts shaking) (stands up) never mind Art... never mind at all! (takes a deep breath) like what you said anyway... you won't have any idea anyway......
Art: (stands up) hey Ashton... I did not mean to....
Ashton: (holds Art's shoulder) no Art... I should not bother you cause I am bothered myself... I am sorry!
Art: (looks down sadly)
Ashton: (look at Art looking down sadly) (left)
Damon: (approaches Art) (looks at Ashton leaving) what happened? did you two fight???
Art: (sadly looks at Damon) actually.... I am also confused.... like he is.... I think I pressured him...
Damon: (sits next to Art) I am sorry.... (feels sad)
Art: I think I failed already... he would avoid us of course...
Damon: (hugs Art) do not think of that bro... you did your best...
Art: (hugs Damon) (nods) (tears falls on his face)

This is kinda sad.... is Ashton even okay? he is starting to get too delusional? are even the first episodes real? why does he know things nobody knows????
#AlternativeAllConfusion