Episode 32 : One Of The Sides Speaks

It is now the next day and Ashton's apartment, Charles and Ashton were having a very early breakfast together......

Charles: (stares at nothing) (drinks coffee)
Ashton: (sits next to Charles) are you sure that you are okay with the bread? shout I toast some???
Charles: (grabs and bites on the bread) this is enough... (smiles) and Ashton, thank you so much for this....
Ashton: well... a friend of Art is a friend of mine... (smiles widely)
Charles: (nods)
Ashton: so... are you fine from whatever happened last night???
Charles: (gulps deeply) (looks at Ashton) I do not think that things would be fine if me Damon and Carrie would not be okay together.....
Ashton: how did this all start anyway? why does it got you 3 involved... like the best of friends???
Charles: if I have to be honest.... please do not get shocked Ashton but it all started when you separated yourself from Art....
Ashton: (eyes widens) (feels concerned) wait.. why??? I am sorry....
Charles: do not be... (feels guilty) and although it is all unintentional, it was actually our fault..... and I do not wanna sugarcoat, this is how I understand why you have to leave....
Ashton: (feels nervous and guilty)
Charles: since Bailey came, stories all of the sudden came out about how Art and Bailey had a complicated and a romantic vibed background and I think that made you feel.... I do not wanna speak on your part but I just assumed that you automatically stepped out of Art because he already had Bailey..... I am sorry but just tell me if it is not true because I do not want dictate what you feel but I was too concerned and.... I can genuinely apologize to...
Ashton: (cuts off Charles) actually... this is the first time I am stating this and I am so grateful and not mad at you being very concerned of me and your buddy Art.... like, we are not even that close but you were all this and that! but yeah.... since Art did his best to make me feel comfort and better, I fell in love with him after that... (tears fall on his face) and all of those things you assumed were true and do not feel bad because... it is actually true that I am just some other guy and there is Bailey who has been there for Art... like, I do not know... his high school like......
Charles: (holds Ashton's shoulder) but you are the moment Ashton..... Ashton has always been the one taken care of.... but since you came, he felt like he has a passionate job to do.... and it is having you.... and by the way...... by the way he is disappointed about you being away.... he is so in love with you I think......
Ashton: (feels guilty) (cries sotly) I think I hurt him....
Charles: (holds Ashton tightly) now bro... do not panic okay???
Ashton: I am not but I also do not know what to do....
Charles: leave it to me.... we just have to take baby steps....
Ashton: (nods sadly at Charles) but Charles.... how is this about Damon and Carrie??
Charles: I blamed Damon for being too involved between Bailey and Art when you and Art just made out at the beach the night before things fucked up....
Ashton: shit...
Charles: and there goes Carrie telling me to make up with Damon so I did.... and suddenly, I didn't know why but I kissed Damon... I mean, he kissed me but I kissed him back and I.... (looks at Ashton) I kinda like it... I kinda gotten more attach even though he is staring to push me away for that.....
Ashton: (feels speechless) (keeps listening to Charles)
Charles: and that is why Carrie got mad at me too..
Ashton: cause she knew??
Charles: (shakes his head) cause I agreed on Damon's neutral opinions about Carrie getting too frustrated.... and that insulted Carrie... but I did that because I actually agreed and..... I do not want to keep Damon being hurt..... and feel out of place because even before this issue you and Art had.... Damon has been separating himself from all of us.....
Ashton: I am sorry... (cries softly) my mess started a fucking chain reaction of madness.... I am really sorry Charles....
Charles: no Ashton... (holds Ashton's arm) I am on your side and we can make things better again.... I promise you that!
Ashton: (wipes his tears) (nods sadly) are you sure???
Charles: (nods)
Ashton: but Charles... I may not have the rights to say this but if it still haunts you why Damon separated himself, I think it is because he ripped the artwork he was making about you.... he thought you are avoiding him and I kinda think he had to... because I also thought you were uncomfortable.....
Charles: (gulps deeply) we have to fix this..... me and Damon and you and Art.....
Ashton: but what about Carrie??? you have to choose...
Charles: (nods) and that is a tough thing to do.... but I will do my best....
Ashton: (pats Charles' back) we will.....
*Charles and Ashton smiles and nods at each other*

At the other apartments, Damon was at Bailey's apartment hanging out together......

Bailey: (puts hot water on the cup) ugh Damon? (notices Damon staring at nothing) are you okay or something?
Damon: (stares at nothing) nothing much but I have a question..... do you still love Art as much as you did in our university????
Bailey: (feels confused) ugh.....
*Damon's phone rings*
Damon: (notices and grabs his phone ringing) wait... I have to call this... (answers call) hello?
Art: hey Damon... (on the line) can we have a talk and do not be bothered by my voice... I am not mad or anything... I just wanna finally talk myself about what's happening these past few days.....
Damon: okay??? (looks serious at Bailey)
Bailey: (looks confused at Damon)
Damon: what time???
Art: noontime.... be there please....
Damon: I will... (ends call)
Bailey: it is Art... (smiles) how is he??
Damon: busy with sidelines.. (fake smiles)

8 episodes of the season remains.. this will be lit...
#YouniverseOneOfTheSidesSpeaks