The Painting's Back

The following day, we were packing to leave, and I noticed Dean searching frantically around for something.

"Babe, what's wrong," I asked as I zipped up my duffle bag.

"I can't find my wallet," Dean said as he grabbed his jacket and started to put it on.

Sam looked back and sassed, "And how is that my problem?"

I frowned at Sam and scolded him, "Sam!"

Dean rolled his eyes and said, "I think I must've dropped it last night when we got the painting."

A look of annoyance crossed Sam's face, and I stated matter of factly, "Well, we have to go get it before someone else pickles it up."

The boys both nodded, and we made our way to the warehouse the auction was taking place. We quickly made it there, and as per usual, Sam had to start complaining about the situation.

"I mean, Dean, how did you even lose your wallet in the first place," Sam asked, irritated as he quickly looked through the building along with Dean and me.

"I don't know, dude, shit happens," Dean shot back as he lifted up a plant. Why it would be under a plant, I don't know.

I rolled my eyes as I surveyed the area around us to see if I could find Dean's wallet, but a voice stopped me from my search.

"Hey, guys!" Sarah cheerfully approached us.

"Sarah!" Sam panicked.

"What are you guys doing back here?" She asked curiously as we all tried to act casual.

"Oh, uh- well, we are leaving today, and we wanted to come to say goodbye," Sam stuttered.

Dean grabbed my hand as he patted Sam's shoulder, "What are you talking about. We are staying for at least two or three more days." Dean grabbed Something from his pocket, and my eyebrows shot up in surprise as I saw it was his wallet. "By the way, Sam here is that twenty bucks I own you." Dean squeezed his shoulder and then said, "Well, you two kids have fun."

Dean quickly pulled me away, and I slapped his arm, "Well, aren't you the master matchmaker."

Dean smirked as he looked back at Sam and Sarah chatting, "He won't make the first move unless pushed. Well, I kind of shoved."

I giggled as I looked back at them, "Let's go wait outside for him."

"Good idea, sweetheart," Dean said as he ushered me out the front door.

As we got closer to the car, I looked up to Dean, curious about whether he was being serious about staying here a little longer. Before I could look away, Dean made eye contact.

He scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion and asked, "What?"

"Are you being serious about this whole thing? You know... staying in town longer for Sam?" I asked curiously.

Dean stopped at the front of the Impala and said, "Well, yeah. Why not? I mean, the kid deserves a little happiness in his life for a bit."

I smiled softly and said, "You know you can be really sweet sometimes."

Dean scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, whatever."

I lifted my hand up to his cheek and caressed it softly, staring into his eyes, "It's true."

I started to lean in to kiss him but noticed Sam frantically making his way towards us. I pulled away and looked at Sam with worry, "What's wrong?"

"The painting! It's inside!" Sam stressed.

I shared a concerned glance with Dean as he asked, "What? How?"