Train Tracks

We decided to stay in the motel another night to get some rest so John could show us all of his findings on the Demon who killed our families. The following day we went to John's room next to ours, and when I walked in, I was overwhelmed by all the stuff he had on the tables and walls. I took it all in as Sam and Dean walked in after me.

"So...," John said from the table, "This is everything I have on the thing. All our lives, we've been searching for this Demon, and not a trace until about a year ago."

"That's why you left," Dean explained.

John nodded his head in confirmation, "Right. The Demon must've come out of hiding or hibernation."

I took a step forward, grabbing a piece of paper in my hand examining it, "What'd the trail you found."

Ryan stood from the bed and moved to the map behind JOhn and explained, "It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, then California."

"The houses were burned down to the ground. It's going after families, jus like it went after us," John continued.

"Families with infants," Sam asked from behind me. I looked back and noticed him leaning against one of the dressers.

Yeah," John said, looking down, "The night of the kids six month birthday." All of our eyes widened as Dean, Sam, and I all shared a look, surprised by the news.

"So, this demon is obviously going after these kids for some reason," Sam said, releasing a humorless laugh, "The same way it came for me. So, mom's death. Jessica. It's all because of me?"

"We don't know that, Sam," Dean said, looking sadly towards Sam.

Sam stood up from his leaning position and said, "oh, yeah, because I'm pretty damn sure!"

"For the last time, what happened to them is not your fault," Dean shot back.

I took a step in between them and looked at Sam, "Dean is right. It's not your fault. It's that Demon's fault."

Sam stared at me for a moment before turning around, sighing in frustration, combing his hands through his hair, "So why is it doing it then?"

"Look, I wish I had more answers, but I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save...," John hesitated, his eyes flickering between Ryan and me briefly, "I'm never there in time to save them."

"Then how do we stop it?" Dean asked, taking a seat on one of the beds.

Ryan grabbed more papers and held them out to us, "There are signs. John and I were able to piece them together. It took a while, but we figured it out."

"Cattle deaths, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms. These all happened before your mother and Jessica died. These signs are starting up again," John went on to continue for Ryan.

I starred between the two and noticed how well they worked together, flowed together. I narrowed my eyes in irritation, remembering Ryan's been working with him this whole time, and I asked, "Where?"

"Salvation, Iowa," John stated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few hours since we started driving to our new destination, and I was reading a book in the back seat. I sighed in boredom, though I have read this book three times since my Meg incident. I closed the book and turned around, lying down in the back seat, and mumbled, "Wake me up when we get there."

"You got it, sweetheart," Dean said from the front.

Few minutes after I closed my eye, Dean started to pull over and slow down, and I sighed yet again in frustration, "Seriously."