You Smell Like A Toilet

After meeting with Amy and her friend, we made our way to the local library to research. Dean kept searching on the computer but found nothing, Sam finally took over and changed the word murder to suicide, and we found our girl.

"In 1981. Constance Welch, 24 years old, jumps off Sylvania Bridge drowning in the river," Sam read off.

I got up from my chair to get a better look at the article, taking place in between the two boys, and asked, "Does it say what she did?"

"Yeah, an hour before she calls 911. Her two little kids are in the bathtub, she leaves for a minute, and when she returns, they aren't breathing," Sam explains.

Dean noticed the bridge in the photo and voiced his thoughts, "That bridge look familiar to you guys?"

"The same one the kid's car was at," I stated in recognition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After connecting the dots at our first research party, we made our way back to the bridge we had visited earlier.

Dean being the sensitive guy he is, said, "So this is where Constance took the swan dive."

I scoffed, hitting Dean in the shoulder, scolding him, "Nice."

"Do you think dad would have been here," Sam asked, completely ignoring the interaction.

After sending a smirk my way, Dean responded to Sam, "Well, Dad's chasing this, and we're chasing him."

"Okay, so now what?" Sam questioned Dean.

"Well, we keep digging until we find him. It might take a while," Dean stated.

By the way that Sam was standing, I knew he was going to initiate another argument. I didn't want to be apart of it, so I made my way to the edge of the bridge, looking down at the water tuning out the boys. It was weird thinking that I wasn't the only one in the world who had suffered loss and to think this lady lost both of her children. I considered it many times after my parents died, offing myself to get rid of the pain. If I didn't have Dean, I probably would've by now.

I looked up from the water to the boys to see if their fight was over yet, but I stopped noticing a female standing on the edge of the bridge. She made direct eye contact with me, and I could see the pain in her eyes.

"Guys," I said in a shaky voice, trying to get their attention. I didn't want to take my eyes off of the lady because I had a feeling of what she was, and I didn't want her to disappear. "Guys!" I said a little louder, my voice still shaky.

It seemed to work the second time because Dean was at my side in a minute asking if I was okay. I nodded my head, "Constance, she's here. Look." I said, pointing to the edge of the bridge.

As the boys looked, she jumped from the ledge, and the boys rushed over to where she was. From behind me, I heard the car turn on. I turned around to see it start driving towards me. Before I had time to think, Dean had grabbed me and launched us over the ledge. I let out a yell from the surprise and grabbed onto a part of the bridge so I wouldn't land in the water.

"Dean, Devyn!" Sam yelled from up above.

"Yeah, I'm good," Dean yelled from below, covered in wet mud, "Devyn?" He asked

"I'm, I'm good," I replied in a shaky voice after a minute. It took me a second to collect myself, but I got back over the bridge with the help of Sam.

Dean meet us by his car, screaming how Constance was a bitch for messing with it. I was still a little shaken up from the events, so all I really heard from the two boys is Sam telling Dean that he smells like a toilet, which earned him a glare from Dean, and a giggle from me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finally reached a motel and were standing at the front desk, waiting to get the keys to a room. Dean handed the guy his fake credit card, and the guy commented on there being a reunion. Realizing that John had been here, we asked if we could have that room key.

"Holy shit," was all I could say when we opened the door. The walls in the room were covered in the research. A lot of research. I let out a low whistle as I took in the room.

Dean saw a burger and picked it up while smelling it. Making a disgusted face, he stated, "I don't think he's been here for a few days."

I noticed Sam playing with the salt on the floor, "He was obviously worried, " he said.

While they were sniffing food and playing with salt, I investigated all the labeled people on the wall. Damn, this man is good.

"What you got?" I heard from behind me.

"Centennial Highway victims, "I said

"I don't get it. There is always a connection. I mean, all of these men are different." Dean stated in confusion

"Dad figured it out," I heard Sam from behind me.

Intrigued, I made my way to where he was in the room. I took in all the information that was on the wall. Like I said before, John was good. This must have taken a while for him to figure out—no wonder why he's been gone for so long.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, walking up behind me. I really hope he showers soon. I don't know if I can take much more of his stench.

"He found the same article we did. Constance Welch, she's a woman in white," Sam explained to Dean.

After finding out this vital information, Dean finally decided to take a shower. Thank you, Jesus. I was about to pay for my own room so I wouldn't have to deal with his stench anymore. When he finished up, the boys wanted to interrogate Constance's husband. Dean was making his way out the door while Sam was grabbing something.

Before Sam could leave, his phone went off. Sam answered with a, "What."Sam tensed, and I looked at him in confusion.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Sam hung up and looked at me, "The police are outside. We need to go now."

"Wait, wait, what about Dean," I said, slightly panicked.

"They spotted him. Let's go," Sam said, grabbing my arm leaving no room for arguments.

A/N:

Hello humans! Sorry, this chapter is really boring. It needed to be in here, though; otherwise, the story wouldn't flow well.

Also, I did get a second job, so updating every Monday/Tuesday schedule might not work. I'll try to stick with it, but it might be a little hard. Also, I have like 17 chapters already written, so I might start double posting some weeks, depending on how busy I am.

Until next time lovelies!

1/30/2021- Edited

7/9/2021- This chapter has officially reached 1,000 reads! Thank you guys so much!