What If

I was abruptly awoken from my slumber from Sam bursting into the motel room. I jolted awake in Dean's arm, which caused Dean to wake up and pull his gun out from under the pillow and aim it at the door.

"Wow, wow. It's me Sam," Sam exclaimed holding his hands up in surrender.

Dean and I both relaxed as Sam took in the room. Our clothes were still thrown around the room, and I was in Dean's shirt.

"I can see you guys were busy while I was gone," Sam teased.

"Yeah, yeah. Why did you just burst in here like the Kool Aid man," Dean asked, pulling his shirt over his head. I just pulled the blankets over my legs.

"Okay, get this. Devyn was right, Meg is bad news," Sam explained.

I laughed and said, "See I told you something wasn't right with her."

Dean rolled his eyes and asked, "What did you see?"

"I followed her to this abandoned warehouse, and there was this altar with a bunch of dark magic stuff on it. The symbol you looked into was drawn on the table in blood, and Meg talked into this bowl. She was talking to someone through the bowl," Sam explained to us quickly.

"What," I exclaimed in surprise.

"So who was she talking too, a Deva," Dean asked.

"No, you said those were savages. This was something completely different. It is someone or something that's giving her orders. That someone is coming to that warehouse," Sam said.

Dean looked at the paperwork I was digging through earlier and then sat down and looked through it himself.

"Holy crap," he mumbled to himself.

"What," Sam and I both asked.

"So I talked to the police again on our way back to the motel, I completely forgot. So, look, the first victim lived most of his life in Chicago but look where he was born," Dean said, showing Sam a paper as he walked over to Dean.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and hopped out of bed, not caring that I was just in my under ware and one of Dean's shits.

"Lawrence, Kansas," Sam mumbled.

My eyes almost bulged out of my head at the news, "Was Meredith from Lawrence too," I asked Dean as he passed me her information.

"She was adopted," Dean said as I looked at her place of birth.

"Something really weird is happening here," I mumbled.

Sam sat down in the chair next to me and said, "Well that is where the demon killed mom. Do you think Meg is tied up with that demon?"

I gulped and looked up at Sam," That's a strong possibility."

"I don't understand, what is the significance of Lawrence, and how do these Deva things fit in?" Sam asked, getting slightly overwhelmed by this discovery.

"Beats me," Dean said, shrugging his shoulders, "I say we trash that little altar, grab Meg, and Have ourselves a little interrogation."

"No we can't, we can't tip her off. We need to stake out the warehouse, and see who she's been in contact with," Sam disagreed.

"I don't think we should be doing this alone," I said, "If it is the demon we all think it is, we are gonna need John's help."

The boys stared at me for a few seconds before Dean whipped out his phone. I quickly got up and grabbed my clothes from the floor. I walked to the bathroom and got dressed before grabbing my stuff and packing it all up to put in my travel bag. When I exited the bathroom Dean was leaving the address for his dad over a voice mail. A few seconds later Sam entered the motel room again with a big duffel bag full of stuff from the trunk.

"What, did you put the whole trunk in here," Dean asked sarcastically.

"Oh, I ransacked that thing. I got everything we need to defeat a demon and more," Sam explained.

Dean grabbed a salt gun and opened it to see if it was full. He looked to me and held his hand up as I threw a few rock salt bullets his way.

"This time don't hit me with one of those please," I teased him.

Dean rolled his eyes as I continued to check the rest of the guns along with Sam. We were throwing around stuff making sure everything was prepared before we headed into this dangerous situation. None of us really knew what was about to happen.

"Big night," Dean mumbled.

I nodded as Sam asked, "You guys nervous?"

Dean said, "Nope," at the same time I said, "Yes." Dean and I shared a look and he squeezed my arm reassuringly.

"What if it ends up being the thing that killed our parents," I asked quietly.

Dean looked at me in the eye and said, "Let's just deal with Meg tonight, and then go from there."

"She has a point though. What if we did run into that thing? Man I'd sleep for a month," Sam said with a smile.

"You say that like we could walk out of that fight unscathed. Our parents went after this thing and both of mine died. What makes you think that-"

"Hey! Both of you, enough! Let's go," Dean said, cutting me off.

"I'm just saying that if we did defeat this thing I'd probably go back to school, finish my degree," Sam said ignoring Dean.

My head shot up from looking at my bag to look at Sam and I asked in surprise, "You would go back to school!"

"Well, yeah. What would you do when this is all over," Sam asked a little confused.

"It's never gonna be over, Sammy. There is always something to hunt, something to kill," Dean answered.

"There has got to be something you both want after-"

"I want this damn demon gone. That's all I want right now. The rest I'll figure out later," I cut him off, throwing another gun in the duffle.

"And I don't want you to leave the second this is all over man," Dean shouted at Sam.

Sam seemed a little taken back by our outburst and looked to Dean and asked, "Dude, what is your problem?"

Dean walked over to the dresser and gripped the sides of it while hanging his head in thought. He lifted his head up and made eye contact with me in the mirror then turned around and looked to Sam, "Why do you think I drove you around everywhere, huh? I mean why do you think I came and got you from Stanford in the first place?"

"Because Dad was in trouble, and I'm pretty sure Devyn had to convince you to do it. Because you wanted to find the thing that killed mom," Sam answered matter of factly.

Dean turned around in frustration and hit the dresser and said, "Yes, that, but it's more than that man!" Dean paused a moment before walking back over to Sam and said, "You - you, me, and Dad. I want us all to be together again. To be a family again."

"Dean, we are a family, but things will never be how they were before, I'm sorry," Sam said sadly.

I grabbed Dean's hand and his eyes filled with tears, "They could be."

Sam looked away and said, "I don't want them to be. I don't want to live this life forever. When this is all over you're gonna have to let me go my own way. You'll have Devyn, you won't be alone."

Sam grabbed the duffle-bag from in front of us, and went outside to the car. I turned to Dean and immediately engulfed him in a hug. He held onto me tightly, and I felt a few tears hit my shoulder.

"Shh... we will figure it out," I soothed, rubbing his back as his body shook from silently crying.

Dean nuzzled his face into my neck holding me tighter, and I couldn't help but let out a few tears myself thinking about how Sam is gonna leave us, again...