Skirts and Heels

After my little meltdown, the boys caught me up on everything they learned, and we went to get some new fake IDs. Dean was inside the store getting our IDs for us while Sammy and I waited outside. I didn't particularly appreciate waiting in the small car, so I opted to stand outside. Sam came around and stood next to me.

He cleared his throat and then asked me, "Hey, Devyn, are you doing better?"

I looked down to the ground before meeting his eyes, "Yeah, I'm better now. I guess we are in the same boat now."

Sam sent me a confused look, "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, that asshole took away our family's. I haven't really had the chance to ask how you're doing or even talk to you much since my parents died," I said.

"Huh, I guess you're right. We didn't really talk much after I left," Sam continued.

I shifted in my spot, "How about this. If you ever are feeling sad about Jessica, I'll be here to listen," I said to him.

Sam let out a small, sad laugh, "Okay, yeah, that would be great. Same for you, though. If you ever need someone to talk to about your parents, I'm here. I've got two years to catch up on."

I smiled and nudged him, "Deal." A few more minutes passed, and Dean finally was making his way back to the car. "You've been in there, forever," I complained.

"You can't rush perfection, sweetheart," Dean responded.

"Homeland Security," Sam observed looking at the IDs, "That's pretty illegal, even for us."

"Yeah, well, it's something new. Something people haven't seen a thousand times," Dean responded as we all got back into the car. "Okay, so what do you get," Dean asked as Sam whipped out his computer.

"Listen," Sam said while clicking one of the buttons.

I stuck my head in the middle of the two front seats to get a better listen to the EMF reading Sam was playing us. I couldn't help the shiver that ran down my back as a voice clearly said, "No survivors."

"Well, that's not creepy," I said from my spot between the two boys.

"No Survivors? What's that supposed to mean? There were seven survivors." Dean asked.

"Got me," Sam said, just as stumped.

"So, what we got a haunted flight?" I asked, confused.

"There is a long history of death omens on planes and ships like phantom travelers. Like you remember flight 401?" Sam explained.

"Yeah, right. The pilot and copilot haunted flights after that," Dean said.

"Maybe we have a similar deal," Sam suggested.

"Alright, well, which of the survivors are we talking to first?" I asked, now completely in the back seat again.

"Max Jaffey," Sam said.

"Why him?" Dean asked.

"Because he said he saw something, and I just so happen to know where he is," Sam stated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A psychiatric hospital, this guy put himself in here? Why the hell would he do that? After we got the okay to go in, it didn't take long to find this kid. He was reluctant at first to tell us what he saw because he thought he was crazy. Apparently, that's why he checked himself in here. After some persuasion, he finally told us that he saw a man who had pure black eyes open the emergency exit in the back of the plane.