Fear of Falling

After the awkward, silent ride to the abandoned warehouse we all got out of the car and immediately went to the trunk to grab the duffle bag we packed. As soon as I set eyes on the building an uneasy feeling passed through my entire body. I cleared my throat and looked over to Sam with worried eyes.

"This is it," I asked even though I already knew the answer.

Sam looked up at me and nodded his head, "Yeah, all the way at the top is where her altar is."

I nodded and looked at the top of the building. It was tall, about forty stories tall. I swear to the lord himself if we get thrown out that window and die I will haunt these idiots from the other side.

Dean grabbed my arm, and brought my attention back to him as he asked, "You good?"

I nodded, but I knew the worry was evident in my eyes. I had a bad feeling about this. I don't know what is gonna happen, but I really wish John would've picked up his phone and was here right now to help us. This is bigger than us.

"Alright, let's go," Dean said, leading the way into the building. Sam and I followed behind.

Because Sam has been here before we let him lead the way after we entered the large, empty building.

"We have to climb this up to the top because nothing works in here," Sam explained as we reached a section where there used to be an elevator.

My eyes widened as I looked at Sam and said, "What!"

"It's the only way," Sam explained grabbing stuff from the duffle and shoving them into his packets.

"Hey, you're shaking, are you sure you are good," Dean said, walking over to me.

I looked down and saw myself shaking a bit. I didn't even realize. I looked back up to Dean and started to ramble out my fears, "That's- uhm, just a really long way up. I can feel her, or whatever it is she's doing up there. What if I get a dizzy spell, and fall. Plus my muscles in my shoulder still aren't fully healed. What if it gives out halfway up and I plummet to my death."

Dean nodded acknowledging my concerns and placed his hands on the side of my face, "You need to calm down. The more scared you are the more likely you are to fall, okay. We need you, right now. I won't let you fall, I promise."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before saying, "You're right. I'm sorry."

I opened my eyes and Dean was smiling softly at me and said, "It's okay to be scared, I get it. I'm scared to, but I promise to not let you fall."

I nodded again, and leaned in for a kiss. It was short, and gentle. I pulled away and said, "Okay, let's do this."

I grabbed everything I needed from the duffle and did the same as Sam did moments ago, putting everything in my pockets.

We approached the bars we had to climb, and I gulped looking up. I shared a look with Dean and he nodded at me signaling for me to go first. This made me feel a little better knowing he was close behind instead of ahead of me.

We were about halfway up, and my shoulder started to hurt, and a headache was forming at the front of my skull. I winced slightly and paused a second. Sweat started to form on my forehead from all the work of pulling my body up. I haven't really been doing anything to keep my strength up since everything happened with my injuries. I groaned as another sharp pain shot through my head. I went to bring my hand up to my head, but stopped realizing if I let go of the bars I'd fall.

"You, okay up there, sweetheart," Dean whispered, sending me a worried look, after noticing I hadn't moved for a few seconds.

I looked down and said, "I'm fine. I just needed a second."