What The Hell Is A Shtriga?

Once we were done getting ready we made our way to the hospital. Once we were there Dean handed us our fake badges and we made our way in.

"Dude, I am not using this ID," Sam complained.

"Why not," Dean asked innocently.

Sam looked at him like he was crazy and said, "Because it says bikini inspector on it."

Dean grinned in enjoyment and I chuckled at the ID Dean had given him, probably hiding his real one in his pocket somewhere.

"Don't worry she won't even look that close. Hell, she won't even ask to see it. It's all about confidence Sammy," Dean said, pushing him to the reception desk.

Dean and I stood slightly to the side and giggled as we watched Sam struggle with the task at hand. Once he got over his anxiety of showing his ID he was given the directions to the pediatrics unit.

We made our way up to the second floor as we followed Sam, and as we passed a room an immediate chill ran through my body. I stopped in my tracks and looked into a room. A creepy un-kept older woman sat in a wheelchair. On the wall there was a cross hung upside down, and when I looked back to her she was looking at me.

"Hey," Dean said, noticing I had stopped walking, "What's up?"

My attention moved from the woman to him as I put a smile on my face and said, "Oh, nothing," as I grabbed his hand and started to walk again.

He gave me a weird look, but followed anyway. Once we made it to the peds unit we found the doctor that had been working on all the sick children.

"Well, thanks for seeing us Dr. Hidacker," Dean started.

"I'm glad you guys are here. I was about to call the CDC myself," He said as we continued to walk through the hallways. "How'd you find out anyway," he asked, looking at his pager.

"Oh, some GP. He called Atlanta and yeah," I said lying through my teeth. "So you have six cases so far, yeah?"

"Yeah," He said as we stopped in front of a window that showed all of the sick kids. They all seemed to be in comas.

As he described what he and his team thought the illness was, I kept my eyes on the kids. They all looked so tiny and frail. A nurse came up to the Doc and started to explain to us how it spreads through families. It only hit the children, and one at a time. I looked over to the woman in confusion.

"It seems like the kids are pretty out of it, but would it be okay if we talked to some of the parents," I asked carefully.

"If you think it would help," Doc said.

Dean and Sam both looked at me and nodded then Dean asked, "Okay, yeah. Who was the most recent admission?"

The nurse led us over to a father and we slowly approached him. He explained to us how both his girls came down with this within twenty-four hours of each other. He explains that he thinks it was due to their bedroom window being open, but he said he swore he closed it before leaving the room.

After we talked to the father we all started to make our way back down to the impala and Sam said, "You know this may not be anything supernatural. It might actually be pneumonia."

I shook my head, "No, this is definitely something supernatural. Something must have opened the window from the outside."

"We should go to the house of the family we just talked to, I don't think they will be home for a while," Sam said.

Dean and I both shared a glance before agreeing with Sam's plan. We all left the hospital and headed to the house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------