Heart Attack

We crept up to the creepy decaying building. We were currently hunting a demon, and all of our findings led us to this place. We had everything we needed from the trunk, and were slowly making our way around the building trying to avoid making too much noise.

I held my taser up along with my flashlight under it, ready to use it at any moment. The top two floors were clear, so we all headed down to the basement. Halfway down we heard a noise coming from a set of doors across from the stairs. I gripped my taser tighter in anticipation as we walked on high alert toward the door.

Dean approached the door and glanced at us. Sam and I nodded as he opened the door quickly. We all aimed our tasers inside, but were met with two kids. They screamed in fear, and I lowered my taser, Sam doing the same.

"Okay, you two take the kids out, and meet me back down here," Dean demanded.

I nodded, and grabbed one of the girls trying to quickly usher her out to the dangerous situation, She was shaking in fear, and tears stained her face. Sam was infront of me with the other girl. I heard Dean yelling downstairs and turned to Sam.

"Take her, Dean needs help," I ordered.

Before he had a chance to argue I was already making my way down the stairs again. I looked around, and saw Dean getting punched in the face.I crept up quietly behind the demon, and tried to get a good shot. Dean scrambled on the ground to reach for his taser that was in a puddle of water.

My anxiety rised as I see him in the water, with an electrical device. I looked at Dean, but he was too focused on the demon to notice me.The demon stepped into the water with Dean, and Dean panicked. He shot the taser at the demon.

I screamed out for Dean as the electricity surged through the water and electricuted him. The demon disappeared, and I saw an unconscious Dean laying in the water.

I quickly ran to Dean, but was cautious around the water, "Dean! Dean, wake up! Sam!"Sam quickly ran down the stairs and saw me reaching for Dean's neck to check his pulse. He didn't have one. "Sam, call 911. Now,'' I screamed at him, and I started to perform CPR on Dean. "Come on, Dean. You promised you'd never leave me. Wake up. Come on!"

I was breathing heavily, and Sam could see I was starting to get tired, so he took over doing CPR. Dean gasped up abruptly and I grabbed him, hugging him. Tears were spilling down my face.

"Oh, God. You were dead! I almost lost you," I cried as I held him close to me.

Dean was breathing heavily, "Not yet, sweetheart," he said then passed out in my arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam and I have been sitting in the hospital for hours waiting to see Dean. Because his heart stopped and he passed out they had to run a bunch of tests on him to see if his heart was okay. I was bouncing my knee anxiously, and biting at my nails. I can't believe he was stupid enough to stay in the water. I mean he literally died for four minutes. He was dead. I couldn't help but be mad at him in my anxious state.

A doctor cleared his throat next to Sam and I, and I stood quickly, "Is he okay?"

"He's resting. The elecracution triggered a heart attack," he explained, "pretty massive I'm afraid. His heart it's damaged."

My heart dropped to my stomach, and my blood ran cold, "How damaged?'

"We've done everything we can, but we can try to keep him comfortable at this point," He said with a sad voice.

"Stop," I said, "Stop talking like he's dying."

"Devyn," Sam said, putting his hand on my shoulder.