Ignoring My Existence

After learning this new information, we made our way back into the house. We made our way upstairs and into the bathroom that the dad died in. There were bloodstains still on the tile.

"The Bloody Mary legend. Dad find any evidence that it was a real thing?" Sam asked Dean.

"Not that I know of," Dean said, turning on the light.

"I mean everywhere else, children have played this, and as far as we know, no one has ever died from it," I said, confused.

"Yeah, well, everywhere else, it's just a story, but here it's actually happening," Dean said, not making eye contact with me.

"Maybe this is where the legend began?" Sam offered.

"Yeah, but according to the legend, the person who says," I started to say, but stopped as Dean opened the mirror cabinet, the mirror facing me. I rolled my eyes, closing the cabinet, "The person who says you know what gets it, but here----"

"Mr. Shoemaker gets it instead. Never heard anything like that before," Dean finished. "Still, the guy did die right in front of the mirror. The daughter is right. The way the legend goes, you know who scratches your eyes out," Dean explained, only looking at Sam. Okay, what the hell is this? Why is Dean of all people ignoring my presence?

"It's definitely worth checking into," Sam said.

"What are you doing up here," a voice asked from the hall. We all turned toward the door and panicked. Oh, it's the blonde friend, great.

Sam and Dean shared a look as Dean explained, "We, we had to go to the bathroom."

She looked between us, not convinced, "Who are you?"

I rolled my eyes at the girl and explained, "As we said downstairs, we worked with Donna's dad."

"He was a day trader or something. He worked by himself," She explained.

"Yeah, uh, we know---" Dean tried to explain, but the girl cut him off.

"All those questions downstairs, what was that? Tell me what's going on, or I start screaming," She said to us.

I took a step forward, ready to slap that smug little look off the bitches face, but Sam stuck his arm out and said, "Alright."I looked at Sam in shock. What the hell! We can't tell this girl what's going on. I looked to Dean to see if he was on board, but he wasn't looking at me like he normally would be. Annoyed, I nudged him in the arm, but he ignored me. So Sam vaguely explained the situation to the girl. Sam exchanged his number with the girl, and then we left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we left the house, we made our way to the local library to do some research. From what Sam had explained, we have to find someone in town that died with Mary and in front of a mirror. This process doesn't take that long with the help of a computer, but all of the computers in this library are apparently out of order. Great, now we have to do this the old-fashioned way that takes eight years.

We were all sitting at a table looking through every newspaper article we could find here. The weird thing is that Dean was sitting on the other side of Sam, as far away from me as he could get. I mean, I don't get it. Why is he acting this extreme over a little flirting? It's not like I actually acted on it! Sam could definitely tell something was going on because he kept sending weird looks between Dean and me.

After a few hours in the library, we got bored, so we decided to research our motel room, and after a few more hours, Sam had fallen asleep, which left Dean and me alone, sitting right across from each other at this tiny table. I'm gonna take this opportunity to talk to Dean. I looked over at him, and he seemed really bored with this process. I kept looking at him, and maybe if I make him uncomfortable, he will actually acknowledge my existence.