Progress

Dean's POV:

Sam hurried into the motel room to get everything ready as I helped Devyn walk. She limped heavily, and had her arm gripped tightly around her torso. She was breathing unevenly from the pain, and I couldn't help but feel guilty. In my moment of panic, I forgot she was hurt. I should've been more carefully with her out there, and know she has to go through the pain of getting stitches again.

She sucked in a sharp breath as she stumbled over the small curb leading to our room. I grabbed her tighter so she wouldn't fall over.

"We are almost there," I encouraged through my intense worry.

She looked over to me and nodded, her hooded eyes looking straight into mine. I gulped at the sight of her in pain again. She can't keep doing this.

We shortly made it into the room, and I helped her sit on the bed. She gasped in pain from the movement, and I immediately went to remove the dirty, blood soaked bandages from her wounds. I kneeled down and started to remove the boot from around her ankle. My eyes widened as I noticed blood was almost seeping out of it.

She jolted violently as I removed it, and yelped out in pain. I looked up to her and almost panicked because we have to go through this again. I mean this time it shouldn't be so bad, right? Her wounds were healing, slowly, but they were healing.

She had tears pooling in her eyes, and I knew she was trying hard to keep them from spilling over. I looked back down to her ankle, and gently unwrapped it, revealing her nasty injury. I cleared my throat awkwardly, looking away from it as I quickly turned my attention to her stomach.

She took her top off, and lifted her tank top up, so I could tend to the bandages covering the scratch marks. She hissed in pain as I yanked on the stubborn bandages, refusing to come off of her skin.

"Sorry," I apologized quickly, hating that she had to go through this much pain.

Once the damn thing was off, Sam approached with a bowl filled with water, and an empty one as well. On the side was some alcohol to really clean and the stitch supplies.

Devyn's body started to shake in anticipation, and in that moment I could see in her eyes she didn't want to go through this again.

Her gaze switched from the supplies to me as she begged, "Hold me, please."

I nodded quickly responding to her request as I moved to hold her the same way I did last time. She relaxed slightly into my arms as she closed her eyes in fear, fear of the pain she was about to endure.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it reassuringly, and she nodded to Sam to go to work. She didn't scream this time like she did the first time she went through this, but she did cry out in pain, and wince every once in a while as Sam tended to her bleeding wounds.

Once Sam had finished his work, Devyn's tense body completely relaxed, as she laid completely limp in my arms. She looked up to me, her face beaded with sweat and shining from her shed tears.

"Thank you," she muttered tiredly.

I mustered up the best smile I could and repositioned her so she was more comfortable and said, "Why don't you rest. Your body's been through a lot today."

She nodded, her eyes already shutting from exhaustion. She squeezed my hand one last time before she fell asleep.

I let out a sigh, my shoulders tensed from all the stress that's been building up. I paced a little bit thinking about everything that Devyn has been through. She deserved better than this, she needed a break. I know she's not gonna like being benched, but it's what needs to happen.